Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be allowed into Legends and Charlie D's bars at the ground for beer.  Live music usually in Charlie D's pre-match. Decent atmosphere. 

Often open to away fans for certain games. Obviously no Falkirk etc but worth e-mailing the club, or checking official website.

We snuck 20 odd Morton fans in to Charlie D's last season didn't go down to well but common sense prevailed and they stayed put.

7 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

You may be allowed into Legends and Charlie D's bars at the ground for beer.  Live music usually in Charlie D's pre-match. Decent atmosphere. 

Often open to away fans for certain games. Obviously no Falkirk etc but worth e-mailing the club, or checking official website.

We snuck 20 odd Morton fans in to Charlie D's last season didn't go down to well but common sense prevailed and they stayed put.

Smuggling Morton fans into pubs is a great image :lol:

We had an 'in' with the Elizabethan so the troops will likely give that a go, but the other tips sound worth bearing in mind. Cheers!

So reading through all this tedium we’re agreed that Ross County are buying the Championship, and if they fail they have a contingency plan. Glad that’s cleared up.

Now, for something completely different.

Football. Predictions for Saturday?

2-2 and no one any wiser about a favourite to win the Championship.

Even if we were to absolutely thump them I don't think we'd be any clearer, once United sack Laszlo they will be a totally different proposition, if County are lagging by January more players will join because they've got new changing rooms, I've no idea what's happening with Thistle and Falkirk but I'm not too concerned. 

As an aside we've had a few games against County that stick in the mind, you've got the obvious 2-2 Cup game but we had a couple of cracking games when we were both in league 1 the last time. 

I'm sure Craig Brewster scored in what was a bit of a thumping, might have been 4-1 at EEP? Sticks in my mind because some young group of 5/6 fans started to boo when Brewster scored and got telt pretty quickly. - I've just had a look and nothing looks like this at all, baffled, must've been a 2-1 loss in early 2009.

A game in late 2009 which apparently was an absolute belter, but it was the first game I've ever been absolutely pished at and couldn't see past the half way line, apparently it was a 3-3 draw! 

And Scott Thomson once scored a free kick from the Kingsgate. 

A drab 0-0 awaits. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

I'd also mention the late Hardie header in our last title win. That's all I really know of that game, wasn't there.

I was meant to say games at EEP but I just totally left that out, that Hardie header has often been cited as a big turning point in that title race, also wasn't there. 

Sure Craig Brewster scored one of the best goals of his career against us up there aswell. 

Dingdong mentioned Joe "one-trick" Cardle. Personally I'm surprised there's been no chat about him so far. He played a lot for you last season (I think). Jim Ex-Par McIntyre had brought him up here. He performed his trick a few times and failed to impress. Performed a huff when consequently binned by Jim.

Am I being harsh? 

53 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As an aside we've had a few games against County that stick in the mind, you've got the obvious 2-2 Cup game but we had a couple of cracking games when we were both in league 1 the last time. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8511809.stm

That's the one I always remember. We should have been four or five down at half time, Phinn and Cardle absolutely destroyed us in the first half. Second half was all County. 

Archived