Who will break Steven Gerrard and how?

When will Scottish football break Steven Gerrard and how will it happen?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

John Wilson fully accepted his guilt for assaulting Neil Lennon but disputed the charge that the attack on the Celtic manager was sectarian. The “Not Proven” verdict saw him walk free but didn’t fully clear his name.

Hearts should temporarily rescind his ban and give him the opportunity to take a swing at the Rangers manager as well for balance thus clearing his name.

If he doesn’t leap the barrier and attempt to twat Stevie G. round the head with a fire extinguisher then we’ll have to assume that he was a vile bigot after all

If he does put the former England and Liverpool man in hospital then we’ll know that he’s actually a fine upstanding member of society

I may not have thought this through and it probably needs some modifications but it would allow justice to be done properly

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting discussion no doubt but the 'what if's' and 'when's' are irrelevant.

The gift will keep on giving. It's only a matter of time. 

:lol: 

Just read Gerrard's comments. How can he, after being at the club for a matter of a month or two, claim "It's not just today, I believe it's been happening for seasons. That's just my opinion."

It would have been great if the interviewer had simply then asked "Which decisions from the last few seasons are you referring to?"

He's already reading from the Sevco Bingo script. Can't wait for him to say "back where we belong" despite the fact that apart from the financially doped 90's, any version of Rangers hasn't won more titles than Celtic in any decade since the 1950's.

If this is how he reacts to getting a draw, away from home, against the team that has finished second in the league for the last 4 seasons, how on earth will he cope with losing at home to St Mirren ?

3 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I hope he does hit Levein because I'm quite keen on seeing a man murdered.

Not so sure Levein murders his victims tbh...... regardless, i'm totally down with it.

Guest JTS98
8 hours ago, energyzone said:

It would have been great if the interviewer had simply then asked "Which decisions from the last few seasons are you referring to?"

He's already reading from the Sevco Bingo script. Can't wait for him to say "back where we belong" despite the fact that apart from the financially doped 90's, any version of Rangers hasn't won more titles than Celtic in any decade since the 1950's.

This is the kind of thing we need more of from sports journalists. Quite a few political journalists do it, because they know it is their job to not let politicians get away with saying something they can't back up.

Yet this almost never happens in football. A proper journalist's next question would have been exactly what you suggested.

Sadly, most football 'journalists' are not journalists at all.

Guest Moomintroll
John Wilson fully accepted his guilt for assaulting Neil Lennon but disputed the charge that the attack on the Celtic manager was sectarian. The “Not Proven” verdict saw him walk free but didn’t fully clear his name.

Hearts should temporarily rescind his ban and give him the opportunity to take a swing at the Rangers manager as well for balance thus clearing his name.

If he doesn’t leap the barrier and attempt to twat Stevie G. round the head with a fire extinguisher then we’ll have to assume that he was a vile bigot after all

If he does put the former England and Liverpool man in hospital then we’ll know that he’s actually a fine upstanding member of society

I may not have thought this through and it probably needs some modifications but it would allow justice to be done properly
To be fair, if he attacks Stevie G then he isn't exactly helping himself on the sectarian front. If he melts that bigoted arsehole Bell on the other hand....

This is the kind of thing we need more of from sports journalists. Quite a few political journalists do it, because they know it is their job to not let politicians get away with saying something they can't back up.
Yet this almost never happens in football. A proper journalist's next question would have been exactly what you suggested.

Same bland garbage match after match, season after season for decades now.
I’d have loved to hear Steve Clark say that St Johnstone were shocking in the second half, but it’ll never happen even though no one could argue with that. Patronising platitudes is all we ever get.

5 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Agree completely with your point, however, this invariably leads to reporters/media sources being 'banned' by clubs for being seen as being difficult or having an agenda. 

Its gonna happen two ways for me both being perpetrated by the two Edinburgh clubs. First is a classic Craig Levein wind up session where Uncle Craig gets right in his head. Snide comments in the media during the week , questioning his credentials as a manager etc your bread and butter for our glorious criminal mastermind of a manager, then we beat them with a 90 minute toe poke after being under the cosh. Gerrard will fly into conspiracy theories and proclaim all of Scottish fitbaw is against him.

The other I can see is Neil Lennon at Ibrox with Hibs absolutely smashing them 3-0, 4-0 etc Lennon does the aeroplane on the pitch again then a quick hand gesture as he walks down the tunnel. Gerrard again like the previous scenario absolutely loses his mind proclaims the authorities hate Rangers and that Scottish fitbaw is corrupt.  Reports of him leak of him swearing and spitting at oppostion fans from his car windae like his pal Carra then he is back at BT Sport with that welt Jake and his crap suits. 

23 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Just read Gerrard's comments. How can he, after being at the club for a matter of a month or two, claim "It's not just today, I believe it's been happening for seasons. That's just my opinion."

Cos Jimmy Bell told him.

It’ll be something totally out of the blue such as Hamilton’s first game after binning Canning, with some “caretaker” in charge, probably in the Scottish Cup and Hamilton will score in 90 seconds, get battered for the next 95 minutes, then break upfield and win 2-0
It’ll be the fault of the ref/weather/pitch/agricultural tactics/full moon, whatever

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Should have punched him several times?

Chances of getting a second hit = 0

If you don't get Levein down on the first hit, you're toast.

Archived