Rovers v East Fife - Baz v Daz

That's not taking anything away from you, just stating the facts about our own team. That seems to be what has been said by our fans. Seems a couple of you boys have a chip on your shoulder with us and can't accept that we are being fairly sporting about the result [emoji23]

C'mon grumswall, you're better than that!!!

Thank f**k it was East Fife. We won't pick up a draw against anyone else in this league playing like that. 

hilarious East Fife still can’t win even when we’re utter shite [emoji12]

Good to see Barry Smith has taken us to a level where East Fife can give us a game. Trying to bring back the relevance of this Derby.

That East Fife side is worse than the one we demolished 5-0 this time last year, and they should’ve taken all three points with the amount of chances they had. Take from that what you will.

If there was one positive today it was that at least the decision to release Court was justified.

Awful stuff. Clinging on by our fingertips for a draw at home to East Fife is a new low.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we just shelf this game under ‘diddy team raises their game against team they’ve not beaten for decades and are desperate to get points on the board so spunk their load at getting a draw’?

Tried being patient and giving the manager another chance. It is already clear though that there is no way that side is getting anywhere near top 4 nevermind winning the league.  Getting outplayed at home by that shite is not on. 

Smith out. 

Hardly like he has his arm in a natural position. For me, the referee made the correct call. 

His arm is by his side when the ball it after being fired at him from a yard and a half away, what picture are you looking at???

And what is your arms natural position, leaning forward knuckles scraping along the ground???

All these comments are fair observations about the mess we're in. We've regressed significantly from a side that wasn't good enough to be promoted last season and now we can't even beat a club we've toyed with for 30 years

It's the equivalent of Celtic clinging on for a draw at home to Partick Thistle.

As for Court, he did what he's good at ie bullying defenders but he fluffed his lines when presented with a sitter of a chance in the second half.  On that note, Benedictus was awful for us. He needs benched next week.

15 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

The attempts at deflection by some of the Raith fans on here is quite laughable, I knew the "we were shite but you couldn't beat us" would be your first lines of defence, but please be quite clear about it, you were outplayed and generally bodied around the park for long periods of the game today by an incredibly young, makeshift side, our front two have never started together before (Court hasn't even had a start yet), that midfield 4 has never started before, I'm not even sure if those four players have even been on the pitch at the same time before, Agnew has never played in that position for us before (but I hope It isn't the last time we see him there) and the defence had to be rearranged at the last minute due to an injury, resulting in Pat Slattery having a tremendous game in a position I don't think he's played in about 3 seasons. I'm pretty sure that with that formation, tactics and Kevin Smith playing with the form he had been showing so far this season, the game would have been won by half time!!!

Works both ways champ. We're playing a keeper who recently dislocated his finger, two of our back four have about 30 senior appearances between them.  Flanagan, Wedderburn and Milne all have been out with injuries and are only getting back to full fitness now. Our subs bench consisted of a keeper coming back from injury, a midfielder coming back from injury,  and three former youth players. We're also missing a key player in Vaughan, and another forward in Duggan (albeit I think @Ro Sham Bo will probably say he's been posted missing on the pitch when he played anyway). Hardly like it's a fully fit, first choice 11. 

Works both ways champ. We're playing a keeper who recently dislocated his finger, two of our back four have about 30 senior appearances between them.  Flanagan, Wedderburn and Milne all have been out with injuries and are only getting back to full fitness now. Our subs bench consisted of a keeper coming back from injury, a midfielder coming back from injury,  and three former youth players. We're also missing a key player in Vaughan, and another forward in Duggan (albeit I think [mention=2437]Ro Sham Bo[/mention] will probably say he's been posted missing on the pitch when he played anyway). Hardly like it's a fully fit, first choice 11. 

Which was my point, which you obviously missed, a bit like the memo about resorting to the "champ" schtick, that is almost as sad as your Club's continual decline!!!

tenor.gif&key=b75323c8f3d49c768f781902f8da5bca522f31232c309222e3fdf30b2b105e55

Just so I know that you're not just a bit dim, what arm is it you think the ball actually hit, "champ"???

4 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Just so I know that you're not just a bit dim, what arm is it you think the ball actually hit, "champ"???

15 minutes ago, LiamA said:

If the ball hit Ross’s right arm I’d agree but it hit his left side where his arm is down by his side so how is that unnatural?

Spoilers please, Liam. 

For me, his arm isn't in a natural position there. It's not down by his side, and is more across the front of his body where can stop the ball. The referee made the right call like he did with the other two penalties. 

46 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Can we just shelf this game under ‘diddy team raises their game against team they’ve not beaten for decades and are desperate to get points on the board so spunk their load at getting a draw’?

post-13400-0-92626400-1310923288_thumb.jpg

Someone is hurting :thumsup2

I refute that claim!!!

I'll say it again though, we stole a point today/ yesterday (depending on how long it takes me to type this) I don't think you were great on the day. You played to your strengths and deserved the three points. We created hee haw for 90 minutes. I don't think it has been said so far but your captain was pretty lucky to stay on the pitch early on. Probably wouldn't have made a difference though.

On a separate note from that... We are awful and missing probably the best player in the league through injury at the moment. Plus we're saddled with your reject of a manager kk!!! So have a bit of pity for us with that ffs!!!

Also smiff out!!!

Having accepted the overwhelming view that RR were worse than a poor EF I now need to move on and hope that the next time we meet RR are even more worser and EF are less poorer. 

The new pitch looked good and seemed to play very well. A guy in front of me hates 3G as you have no idea which way the ball is going to bounce. 

Archived