Rovers v East Fife - Baz v Daz

1 minute ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

The new pitch looked good and seemed to play very well. A guy in front of me hates 3G as you have no idea which way the ball is going to bounce. 

I've seen two of our three games on the new pitch, and for me there's very little difference. I've not seen any awkward bounces of the ball. Hopefully we can reap the benefits in winter as our pitch as been notoriously poor due to drainage issues in the past. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Having accepted the overwhelming view that RR were worse than a poor EF I now need to move on and hope that the next time we meet RR are even more worser and EF are less poorer. 

See the source image

The new pitch looked good and seemed to play very well. A guy in front of me hates 3G as you have no idea which way the ball is going to bounce. 

The ball will always go upwards.

I refute that claim!!!

I'll say it again though, we stole a point today/ yesterday (depending on how long it takes me to type this) I don't think you were great on the day. You played to your strengths and deserved the three points. We created hee haw for 90 minutes. I don't think it has been said so far but your captain was pretty lucky to stay on the pitch early on. Probably wouldn't have made a difference though.

On a separate note from that... We are awful and missing probably the best player in the league through injury at the moment. Plus we're saddled with your reject of a manager kk!!! So have a bit of pity for us with that ffs!!!

Also smiff out!!!

2 things id like to point out here, first Smith wasn't our reject manager, you stole him ( and were well warned about him when you did) second point Vaughan would still be missing even if he was fit as he would be ofski to a better team than you lot.
On another note i know you all think the rovers are in the wrong league and after today's performance i must say i agree. I can see you playing your derbies against cowdenbeath next season if you keep playing to that standard [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Pat 1958 said:

2 things id like to point out here, first Smith wasn't our reject manager, you stole him ( and were well warned about him when you did) second point Vaughan would still be missing even if he was fit as he would be ofski to a better team than you lot.
On another note i know you all think the rovers are in the wrong league and after today's performance i must say i agree. I can see you playing your derbies against cowdenbeath next season if you keep playing to that standard emoji23.png

3DC473B2-19AE-4219-A9C2-9E1BE7BE8C2A.gif

On another note i know you all think the rovers are in the wrong league and after today's performance i must say i agree. I can see you playing your derbies against cowdenbeath next season if you keep playing to that standard [emoji23]
First thing.

Bite. Was barely even trying there.

Second thing.

Charity bet we don't go down or finish below EF?

All of the penalties were correctly awarded. EF player perhaps lucky not to get a second yellow at the first one. Totally needless from Murray for the EF penalty - no need at all.  Saw some protests about our second earlier, but seeing the replay it's a penalty - guy's made no effort to keep his arm out the way. 

Not great viewing, overall. Big improvement required. 

Dubious penalty my arse. If his arm had stayed by his side the ball would have went across him into the box ( where they would probably have been no rovers player or we’d have ballooned it over the bar ). He’s clearly got his arm in front of him so penalty it is. By the way we deserved f**k all from that game.

8 hours ago, Pat 1958 said:

On another note i know you all think the rovers are in the wrong league and after today's performance i must say i agree. I can see you playing your derbies against cowdenbeath next season if you keep playing to that standard emoji23.png

We stole Barry Smith! How did we manage  that bundle him in a car , blindfold him and hold him hostage at Starks Park? Think you will find he wanted a wage rise hence the move, regarding Vaughan he wouldn’t be going anywhere unless we received a fee for him and on the basis of yesterday’s result you reckon we should be in division 2 well look at your league form so far,  me thinks it will be the junior leagues for you

Just watched the EF highlights and like the way you have commentary - impressive package.

On the game, EF were the better team and deserved all 3 points.

Our lack of strength and depth is there for all to see. Someone's already said, it was clear that Milne was that only sub ever likely to come on with the rest there as jersey fillers.

Unless we have our best 11 on the park every week - which includes Vaughan and Davo - we could be in for a disappointing season.

50 minutes ago, LiamA said:

My camera work is very poor again, I get too caught in the game sometimes!

Granted I've not watched the highlights for this game yet, but East Fife's highlights are some of the best in the country imo. Really nicely put together.

Agnews second goal summed up our defending. Couldn’t deal with the 1st ball coming into the box. Can’t mind if it was 2-1 or 2-2 at the time, but the one that court? Blasted over the bar, came again from not dealing with the 1st ball in. Bene was brushed off the ball too easily again for one of their chances as well. East fife played well and smith didn’t have an answer to it.

19 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Did you mean to point out that East Fife haven't beaten us competitively for nearly a quarter of their whole existence? 

Naw, just wondering.  If being selective about time scales is being used, then surely the last game is the only relevant statistic?  However, if you want to give a longer timescale, then again surely, it must be since the two clubs started playing each other competitively?  What does that statistic tell you?

Why 30yrs?  Why not 115yrs, since East Fife came into existence?  Or does that bother you?

Why 30yrs?

The question East Fife fans ask themselves after every Rovers game.

Why not 115yrs? Because it is 30yrs.

Raith are dug shit! Holding on for dear life against a depleted part time so called diddy team! There's no denying EF were the better team and deserved the win! Barry Smith is the gift that keeps on giving! Some of the comments from Rovers fans tho! Barry Smith, don't say we never warned you about him, it would appear that he doesn't have a plan a nevermind a b! 🤣You c***s are here for a reason! What will it be? Roaring back 3? Pleasing! The last 2 games will install a bit of confidence but we need to beat sides like that if we want to climb the league! Mon the Fife

ETA f**k the 30+ years! 4.1 [emoji108]

Archived