Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

33 minutes ago, The DA said:

I wonder whether any MSM journalists will also be charged.  Those MSM journalists who, in the main, are anti-independence.

Fortunately for them, you can't be charged with being a hateful c***.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Fortunately for them, you can't be charged with being a hateful c***.

I'm pretty sure I remember a bit of a stooshie during the trial with claims that other reporters and bloggers had provided 'jigsaw' details that allowed ID of one or more of the witnesses, especially the film star..

2 hours ago, The DA said:

I'm pretty sure I remember a bit of a stooshie during the trial with claims that other reporters and bloggers had provided 'jigsaw' details that allowed ID of one or more of the witnesses, especially the film star..

Dani Garvelli ID'd one of the accusers for me. 

The film star being anonymous was absurd.

Edited by Detournement

3 hours ago, The DA said:

I wonder whether any MSM journalists will also be charged.  Those MSM journalists who, in the main, are anti-independence.

Without wishing to reproduce the article, Dana Garavelli,s recent article absolutely confirmed my suspicions about the identity of one of the accusers.

Edit: crossposted with Detournement!

Edited by lichtgilphead

Looked at one of Craig Murray's blogs mentioned in the indictment, and found this:

Woman F is in a different category. An incident undoubtedly happened. She was working late on the ministerial box with Alex Salmond in Bute House and a few drinks led to a cuddle on the bed, which Alex Salmond acknowledged at the time and acknowledged at the trial, ought not to have happened and was inappropriate.

She did indeed raise the issue at the time, and received a formal apology from Alex Salmond and an offer to transfer to another job at the same level. 

What did he apologise for, why shouldn't it have happened and why was it inappropriate? Two grown people having a tipsy "cuddle on the bed", what would he have to apologise about? Seems woman F didn't quite see it that way, and Murray is gallant about her.

I do not accuse Woman F of lying or scheming.

Perhaps we'll never know.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Looked at one of Craig Murray's blogs mentioned in the indictment, and found this:

What did he apologise for, why shouldn't it have happened and why was it inappropriate? Two grown people having a tipsy "cuddle on the bed", what would he have to apologise about? Seems woman F didn't quite see it that way, and Murray is gallant about her.

Perhaps we'll never know.

This was the Not Proven charge. 

Woman F reported it to her line manager at the time and it was dealt with through the civil service. In 2019 she made the same complaint to the police but also said Salmond tried to put his hands inside her underwear which she didn't originally allege. 

This was the only charge which had any substance to it. 

Kenny MacAskill has written an article for the Scottish Left Review saying that "dark forces" were at work in the Alex Salmond trial.  He's also said that the resignation of Gordon Jackson from his position as Dean of the Faculty of Advocates was "more than accidental" and that Jackson's "real crime" was representing Salmond.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18409202.macaskill-says-dark-forces-work-salmond-trial/

The SLR site doesn't seem to have the latest issue availble so I can't link to the article directly.  

Kenny MacAskill has written an article for the Scottish Left Review saying that "dark forces" were at work in the Alex Salmond trial.  He's also said that the resignation of Gordon Jackson from his position as Dean of the Faculty of Advocates was "more than accidental" and that Jackson's "real crime" was representing Salmond.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18409202.macaskill-says-dark-forces-work-salmond-trial/
The SLR site doesn't seem to have the latest issue availble so I can't link to the article directly.  

Is he saying Jackson’s going back into politics!

“The country was scoured from top to bottom, hundreds were interviewed. His entire adult life of over 40 years seemed trawled over.

“As a defence agent of 20 years standing and a former Justice Secretary in the Scottish Government, I’ve known major police enquiries but never of such magnitude other than for the most heinous of crimes and dangerous of offenders. Despite all that, what they turned up was pretty flimsy, indeed, and so it was ultimately seen by the jury.

“I also had chats along the way with very senior police sources who told me how poor they thought the case was. Yet despite that and in all those circumstances, on Police Scotland plodded still.

“Some charges were utter bunkum and the likes of which I’ve never seen in 40 years involvement in the courts; and certainly not in the High Court.”

Good points from the man who tried to abolish corroboration.

Judging by the PF letter Craig Murray uploaded Police Scotland still has an active Alex Salmond Team which is J Edgar Hoover level over reach but the sort of thing that we casually accept in 2020.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

From memory, there's no reference to the "Alex Salmond team" in the indictment itself, but Craig definitely mentions it in the current third paragraph of this post on his website

16 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

From memory, there's no reference to the "Alex Salmond team" in the indictment itself, but Craig definitely mentions it in the current third paragraph of this post on his website

I couldn't find anything either. Presumably the "Alex Salmond team" is investigating contempt of court allegations concerning his court case.

Edited by welshbairn

I couldn't find anything either. Presumably the "Alex Salmond team" is investigating contempt of court allegations concerning his court case.

They would be the sensible choice to take responsibility for making sure confidential identities remain confidential as they are already officially in on the secrets.

To be fair he is the only UK government official who spoke out against torture and rendition during the Blair years so that makes him exceptional in a way.

His history with the FCO is usually ignored by his critics, a fair amount of whom are linked to the Integrity Initiative. It's not a shock that Dani Garavelli was chosen to cover the Salmond trial when as Craig Murray highlighted he is one of the journalists linked to Phillip Cross. 

To be fair he is the only UK government official who spoke out against torture and rendition during the Blair years so that makes him exceptional in a way.
His history with the FCO is usually ignored by his critics, a fair amount of whom are linked to the Integrity Initiative. It's not a shock that Dani Garavelli was chosen to cover the Salmond trial when as Craig Murray highlighted he is one of the journalists linked to Phillip Cross. 

Dani is a burd.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Rumour has it that they appear to be being highly selective about who they interview.

I'm not aware of them contacting any of the MSM journalists who made it simple for anyone interested to easily identify 'Woman H', even though every relevant article has been highlighted to both COPFS & Police Scotland.

Funny that.

Edited by lichtgilphead

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Rumour has it that they appear to be being highly selective about who they interview.

I'm not aware of them contacting any of the MSM journalists who made it simple for anyone interested to easily identify 'Woman H', even though every relevant article has been highlighted to both COPFS & Police Scotland.

Funny that.

Who's the Scottish journalist who he says was raided and gave him the "They said they were from the “Alex Salmond team”" quote? MSM or "citizen journalist? Perhaps we'll never know.