Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

14 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That's the problem though. Just like the referendum, the YES side in the dury will play fairly. Those on the NO side will use dirty tactics to ensure they get the verdict they want. :(

Your lack of faith in Scottish people is quite something to behold.

42 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
48 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

So extremely serious charges.

Never said they weren't mate. Of course it's a serious charge. So he either tried to rape someone and she thought him off or some 3rd party stopped him.

Thought him off?

That's the problem though. Just like the referendum, the YES side in the dury will play fairly. Those on the NO side will use dirty tactics to ensure they get the verdict they want. [emoji20]

The state of this.

We’re all allowed our own opinions as to how things should go. That they don’t always go your own way doesn’t mean that the masses were nobbled and you were cheated.

7 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

The Crown have no choice but to go ahead. They have a duty to prosecute on behalf of the complainers and in the name of justice.  They will already have an idea that the evidence is sufficient to secure a conviction or else they would not have charged him.  I would be surprised if any charges were "thrown out" before the trial begins.  Where is Salmond getting the money for his defence team?  Another public appeal or will he seek legal Aid?

He's a multi millionaire with a  six figure pension.

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So why did he need to appeal for public donations in his claim against the Scottish Government?

Politics. Don't think there's any evidence he's a multi millionaire though. His pension's around £80,000, combining his MP, MSP and FM pots.

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So is he likely to appeal for further public support to help fund his trial which is currently pending?

I've revised that figure to include all three pensions. I'm not sure of the law about raising money for a criminal defense, but he might be entitled to some legal aid.

P.S. Quick google says it doesn't look like he would be eligible for legal aid. I've never heard of anyone crowdfunding for a criminal defence.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've revised that figure to include all three pensions. I'm not sure of the law about raising money for a criminal defense, but he might be entitled to some legal aid.

Maybe this guy could help him out, but he won't be cheap.

Johnnie Cochran

• Johnnie is best known for representing O.J. Simpson (“if it does not fit, you must acquit”) as well as P. Diddy, Snoop Dogg, Rosa Parks, Michael Jackson, Tupac Shakur. He is also known for his civil rights cases, as well as cases against police brutality.

Maybe this guy could help him out, but he won't be cheap.
Johnnie Cochran
  • Johnnie is best known for representing O.J. Simpson (“if it does not fit, you must acquit”) as well as P. Diddy, Snoop Dogg, Rosa Parks, Michael Jackson, Tupac Shakur. He is also known for his civil rights cases, as well as cases against police brutality.

Ehm...Johnnie Cochran died about ten years ago!

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Ehm...Johnnie Cochran died about ten years ago!

Damn it....That's not so good. I must admit I didn't think he was looking very well last time I saw him.

So any suggestions as to who AS should engage to defend him?

Given that cost will be no object.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Damn it....That's not so good. I must admit I didn't think he was looking very well last time I saw him.

So any suggestions as to who AS should engage to defend him?

Given that cost will be no object.

giphy.gif