Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

Basically Salmond has played a blinder.

He takes a bullet for the team and in an instant he stopped the damage to the indy cause, the SNP and Nicola.

Robbed the Unionist media  of their fuel to make continuous attacks on the FM to oust him from the Party.

Nullified the Unionist parties attacks for when the parliament returns next week

Raises the funds to finance the Judiciary Review and makes enough in the crowdfunder to show massive support for him on a personal level and allow him to fund good charity causes - great PR

The comments from Unionist politicians is hilarious, especially from the Labour party.

The Unionist journos trying and failing to create a schism in the SNP and wider Yes movement

"IF" there is no case to answer and no criminality involved he's going to come out this even stronger 

He takes a bullet for the team and in an instant he stopped the damage to the indy cause, the SNP and Nicola.
Robbed the Unionist media  of their fuel to make continuous attacks on the FM to oust him from the Party.
Nullified the Unionist parties attacks for when the parliament returns next week
Raises the funds to finance the Judiciary Review and makes enough in the crowdfunder to show massive support for him on a personal level and allow him to fund good charity causes - great PR
The comments from Unionist politicians is hilarious, especially from the Labour party.
The Unionist journos trying and failing to create a schism in the SNP and wider Yes movement
"IF" there is no case to answer and no criminality involved he's going to come out this even stronger 

Can go both ways tbh. If criminal proceedings are instigated he's going to look like a right fud, if not the phoenix will arise stronger than ever.... Also by leaving the party it sends a message that independence is not about him or the SNP, it's much bigger.
I hope these allegations are untrue for two reasons. 1. No person had to be subject to improper advances and 2. The salty salty Brit nat tears on here and throughout the media.

29 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I would add into this that it has allowed the strength and integrity of Nicola Sturgeon as a political leader to be amplified.  She has been most impressive in reaction and response to this.

I look forward to seeing how other political parties react to sexual misconduct allegations against their members..... 

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can go both ways tbh. If criminal proceedings are instigated he's going to look like a right fud, if not the phoenix will arise stronger than ever.... Also by leaving the party it sends a message that independence is not about him or the SNP, it's much bigger.
I hope these allegations are untrue for two reasons. 1. No person had to be subject to improper advances and 2. The salty salty Brit nat tears on here and throughout the media.

Of course, if criminal proceedings are instigated and he's found guilty then he's let everyone down and will never recover.

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

I would add into this that it has allowed the strength and integrity of Nicola Sturgeon as a political leader to be amplified.  She has been most impressive in reaction and response to this.

I look forward to seeing how other political parties react to sexual misconduct allegations against their members..... 

True. Nicola has not been damaged at all in this and most would agree she has handled it impressively. 

True. Nicola has not been damaged at all in this and most would agree she has handled it impressively. 
I don't disagree she's handled it as well as she could have at the current moment but if anything untoward is proven, I could see the shit sticking to the current administration. They've been in power longer than governments usually last and there usually becomes a point where scandals become infectious.

These sorts of things routinely become quite damaging because they impact at a subconscious level.

Yet another in a long line of men being destroyed by mere allegations from a woman.

If only someone had been warning about the lunatic direction of feminism in recent years :rolleyes:

Salmond and all SNP supporters should of course use his time-out to consider how his own party has helped propagate this towards its logical conclusion.

His crowdfunding effort has politicised things by proxy though. Allowing Nats to pile in with their donations to his fighting fund intrinsically links it to the Indy cause and sends out a message to his accusers that they if named are fair game.

41 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't disagree she's handled it as well as she could have at the current moment but if anything untoward is proven, I could see the shit sticking to the current administration. They've been in power longer than governments usually last and there usually becomes a point where scandals become infectious.

These sorts of things routinely become quite damaging because they impact at a subconscious level.

I would imagine that's why she has distanced herself and her government to a certain degree from Salmond. If he's found guilty then she's kept enough distance not to be totally engulfed with the almost certain outrage 

38 minutes ago, harry94 said:

If the case drags out then she could find herself continually discussing it and being asked about it and it has the potential to drag out.  There's the judicial review into the Scottish government's complaints procedures.  Then there's the outcome of the Scottish government's investigation into the complaints.  Then there is potentially a criminal case.  This could go on for years.

There is also the potential for division within the SNP- we've seen some elected representatives backing Alex Salmond's case and others backing the stance taken by the Scottish government.

The whole thing is a depressing reminder that for a lot of people your views and prominence mask your behaviour.  

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I would imagine that's why she has distanced herself and her government to a certain degree from Salmond. If he's found guilty then she's kept enough distance not to be totally engulfed with the almost certain outrage 

She doesn't really have any choice - was she really going to agree that the Scottish Governments complaints procedures, which her administration asked to be updated, were unfair and illegal?