Hibs vs Killie

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5174

As Lennon said, first 4 goals were excellent - good to see a manager praising the opposition (mind you, Lennon always does, would be nice if some other managers were as even handed).

I was a bit surprised at what the TV pictures showed, given that Stephan Clerk said it was never a penalty and that Maclaren "caught Broadfoots achilles".

Judge for yourselves, 4 minutes 29 and a few slo mo replays.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a while since Killie beat Hibs admittedly  but I suppose they spent four years running about bottling it in the seaside leagues. 

Pretty sure Killie won the game that sent Hibs into the playoffs at ER , where they inevitably went down after losing to giants Hamilton.  

Good win for Hibs yesterday though . Papers over the cracks a little, they are half the team without McGinn and Allan. Well done on your victory and good luck

1 minute ago, Cmac1869 said:

Been a while since Killie beat Hibs admittedly  but I suppose they spent four years running about bottling it in the seaside leagues. 

Pretty sure Killie won the game that sent Hibs into the playoffs at ER , where they inevitably went down after losing to giants Hamilton.  

Good win for Hibs yesterday though . Papers over the cracks a little, they are half the team without McGinn and Allan. Well done on your victory and good luck

Not bitter at all. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

This is the most bitter post I’ve ever read :lol: 

Is that you, Stephen?

38 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Awful, bitter post - I won't use the word amateurish but certainly unprofessional

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5174

As Lennon said, first 4 goals were excellent - good to see a manager praising the opposition (mind you, Lennon always does, would be nice if some other managers were as even handed).

I was a bit surprised at what the TV pictures showed, given that Stephan Clerk said it was never a penalty and that Maclaren "caught Broadfoots achilles".

Judge for yourselves, 4 minutes 29 and a few slo mo replays.

Lennon is a bitter fud and he is only complimentary after a dodgy penalty gave his side a win. 

At half time I thought Killie would go on to win the game, the last 20 minutes of the first half they were playing really nice stuff, looked really threatening and were the better team. Second half they seemed to sit back a bit and Hibs came back into it and had most of the play.  In saying that i didn't think we created a massive amount of chances and I'm not sure we would have scored had it not been for the pen. 

I'm probably overly harsh on Whittaker, he had an ok game yesterday but he let the Killie player skip past him with ease for the first goal and he was miles away from Stewart for the second. He seems to take 3 weeks to do anything, against any team with an athletic midfield he will get run over the top of. The thought of him playing at Tynie keeps me up at night. The fans are turning on him now as well, we badly need Milligan to be good. 

Kamberi didn't have a great game up top on his own but as soon as Mclaren came on he lit up, to get the best out of both of them they have to play together. I'd like to see us try a 4-4-2 next week with Horgan and Boyle on either side with Mallan and Milligan in middle of midfield. Although I don't think this particularly suits Mallan who would suit the Scott Allan role better.  

Overall I think we look decent, we'll look better once Lennon figures out the best formation and starting 11. I'd be a lot more confident if we had signed a good box to box central midfielder as I feel we're a bit unbalanced in that area. 

6 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

At half time I thought Killie would go on to win the game, the last 20 minutes of the first half they were playing really nice stuff, looked really threatening and were the better team. Second half they seemed to sit back a bit and Hibs came back into it and had most of the play.  In saying that i didn't think we created a massive amount of chances and I'm not sure we would have scored had it not been for the pen. 

I'm probably overly harsh on Whittaker, he had an ok game yesterday but he let the Killie player skip past him with ease for the first goal and he was miles away from Stewart for the second. He seems to take 3 weeks to do anything, against any team with an athletic midfield he will get run over the top of. The thought of him playing at Tynie keeps me up at night. The fans are turning on him now as well, we badly need Milligan to be good. 

Kamberi didn't have a great game up top on his own but as soon as Mclaren came on he lit up, to get the best out of both of them they have to play together. I'd like to see us try a 4-4-2 next week with Horgan and Boyle on either side with Mallan and Milligan in middle of midfield. Although I don't think this particularly suits Mallan who would suit the Scott Allan role better.  

Overall I think we look decent, we'll look better once Lennon figures out the best formation and starting 11. I'd be a lot more confident if we had signed a good box to box central midfielder as I feel we're a bit unbalanced in that area. 

I like 442 also, or 4132 with Milligan sitting a bit deeper, same  thing really.  Give Mac and Flo a run out up top. Agyepong to come on for last 25mins.  I would start Hanlon for  Stevenson at left back btw. Can play there and is just that much more reliable. 

19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I like 442 also, or 4132 with Milligan sitting a bit deeper, same  thing really.  Give Mac and Flo a run out up top. Agyepong to come on for last 25mins.  I would start Hanlon for  Stevenson at left back btw. Can play there and is just that much more reliable. 

I think we need Hanlon at centre half. He's our best Centre half IMO and compliments  Porteous/Ambrose/McGregor really well. 

I like Stevenson at left back, he gets up and down the park really well and his crossing has improved over the past season. He can get caught out against fast and tricky wingers but to be honest he doesn't have to play against all that many in the league. 

5 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I think we need Hanlon at centre half. He's our best Centre half IMO and compliments  Porteous/Ambrose/McGregor really well. 

I like Stevenson at left back, he gets up and down the park really well and his crossing has improved over the past season. He can get caught out against fast and tricky wingers but to be honest he doesn't have to play against all that many in the league. 

I just don't think we can drop Porteous or Efe just now and I would like a look at Hanlon (or even McG) at left back in a four. Could be Stevenson is better but I'm not convinced. 

Archived