St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 15th September

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were alright today without being at our best. We fell out the game when Craig went off for whatever reason, as Callachan doesn’t quite have the same composure, he’s too similar to Alston. He should have had a penalty though, no doubt that whilst Lewis didn’t make massive contact he had to jump 5 feet in the air to avoid him and thus impeded. Can call the GMS one or Aberdeen wrong side of the ground. As for the McKenna ones he’s instigating it all the time, there’s no way a referee can give a penalty for it. What I will say is that Collin was lenient with Aberdeen today for sure. Logan and McKenna should both have been booked for the exact same tackle Swanson got a card for. Considine could easily have walked on another day. Bar an excellent save from both keepers, it was two petty evenly matched teams despite what Aberdeen fans may think. There was no domination at all, possession yes, but they were not dominant.

25 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I'm assuming you meant surrealism. It's an easy mistake to make, although given the number of fingers your average Aucteretarder has, you'd probably be quite accomplished at the twelve-tone technique.

I did indeed make a massive typo but as far as Auchterarder residents are concerned I take it you are including your chairman in that statement..

6 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I did indeed make a massive typo but as far as Auchterarder residents are concerned I take it you are including your chairman in that statement..

Our chairman is the biggest fucknugget of the lot. Besides, I was fairly certain he lives in Bieldside...?

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Collum actually got all the big decisions right. 

The one that the Random Aberdeen hater guy is talking about was never a penalty in a million years. The guy jumped over Lewis and fell down. 

5 minutes before that the Saints player was lucky not to be yellow carded for a laughable wee dive.

Wasn't a penalty in the last minute either, the Saints player got the ball. 

Have a look again. Saints player didn’t touch the ball because McKay-Steven’s foot is between the Saintee’s foot and the ball. You see it best from the camera behind the goal.

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sorry mate.

We can all only hope to emulate your originality and wit of ‘fanny’ and ‘fud’. I promise to study your work closely in future to improve my P&B performance.

Your reply is almost as boring as your original post.. Does beige play a large part in your life perchance ??

I’m fairly certain paulo is at most 18 years old.

The blend of obsessing over attendances, the temper tantrums when hearts are shit and the over excitement when they win a few games can only point to someone who’s balls have only recently dropped.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m fairly certain paulo is at most 18 years old.

The blend of obsessing over attendances, the temper tantrums when hearts are shit and the over excitement when they win a few games can only point to someone who’s balls have only recently dropped.

He's got a weird thing with Aberdeen which other Hearts fans don't seem to have. I guess that's what happens when you say things like 

Aberdeen won't finish ahead of Hearts this season - we'll both pick up a similar number of points against the dross, but we'll take 7-9 points off you in our three remaining meetings. McInnes simply can't deal with the Gorgie and we have you figured right out.

or

Aberdeen's best player coming to the Hearts for nout. heh.png

Still, he too clearly sees how much further ahead we'll be in the coming years, so it's a no-brainer for him, really.

and then have to disappear for several months.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Fairly open and entertaining game in terms of action and incidents.

First half Aberdeen dominated possession but didn't create anything, whilst Saints looked dangerous on the break.

Second half, losing Liam Craig's calming influence in the centre of the park brought Aberdeen right on top of us. Mackay-Steven came alive and got room to run at Tanser and gave him a tough time. First half Tanser was our best player, winning loads of headers and looking very assured in possession.  Callachan has obviously not played a lot this season, and it certainly showed.  Very difficult match to come into at half time though.

Aberdeen fans shouting for a penalty every single time simply because we had one defender in front and one behind McKenna at corners and long throws in the first half was some of the most clueless football spectating you would ever hope to come across.

Draw probably fair enough in the end.

I'm still not convinced by Shaughnessy.  He's too soft;  I would rather have had Anderson in there today. Jason Kerr is a great defender but he is going to have to watch as the number of times he wins the ball then tries to be too clever and gives it away cheaply could well cost us.  The whole team were a bit careless with the ball at times to be honest.

Aberdeen are a big physical side. Other than GMS they're like a more talented version of Hamilton Accies. I think they should be well clear of relegation trouble though, especially the way Dundee have started the season.

I agree with your first three paragraphs.  But I’m not so sure that Logan, Lowe, Gleeson, Shinnie, McGinn, Mckay-Steven, May, Forrester from our starting eleven, would agree that we’re a big physical side. (I’m presuming that you’re actually having a laugh with that comment.)

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Indeed... 

Aberdeen are all huff and no puff, Cosgrove header apart Clark didn't have to make a save. Very Dundee to claim passing the ball sideways in midfield is "dominating" though. 

We “dominated” possession all over the park. And you presumably missed Clark’s save from McGinn just after half time. Still in hospitality?

Archived