Next Permanent St Mirren Manager

Who will be St Mirren's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

The perfect storm really would have to be as perfect as it gets. Celtic would have to hire a completely hopeless manager, lose a bulk of players and not have any quality at all replace them, as well as said challengers being able to bring in actual quality, have a better manager than they do now, and have zero injury worries.

Already happened pretty much. Deila's Celtic were no great shakes and Aberdeen had effectively a "free run" at them due to Hearts, Hibs and Rangers not being in the league.

I'd say Aberdeen/McInnes are guilty of not grasping the nettle, but such criticism from someone who supports a team who have never won the league ever is a bit rich.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

The perfect storm really would have to be as perfect as it gets. Celtic would have to hire a completely hopeless manager, lose a bulk of players and not have any quality at all replace them, as well as said challengers being able to bring in actual quality, have a better manager than they do now, and have zero injury worries.

Leicester was more than just a fluky perfect storm. They could do it because their lesser resourses were still able to afford actual quality that could hurt any club. That played a massive part in their success, and without it, a club like them wouldn't stand a chance.

This is why I simply don't see it happening here while that gap of resourses at the top gets wider.

Yeah, that's a reasonable shout. The fact is, there is so much money for even the worst clubs in the EPL that money in itself almost becomes less relevant. Yeah, Man City can still spend £100m-plus on fullbacks if they want, but the lower order can also attract really decent players that don't even need to raise their game: that just is their game.

I guess it's good that Scotland currently has four potential 2nd-place teams, which raises interest in the top half, but there is still such a gap to Celtic that it's hard to see it being breached in the next few years. Plus, having four other strong-ish teams probably weakens the chance of a singular challenge to Celtic.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I guess it's good that Scotland currently has four potential 2nd-place teams, which raises interest in the top half, but there is still such a gap to Celtic that it's hard to see it being breached in the next few years.

I'd say one, and three potential 3rd placed teams.

While that sounds like I'm sucking up to Rangers, especially as Aberdeen has finished second for a number of years, but there are reasons for that. Now people might not like Morelos for example, however he is a world away from what Aberdeen can and do buy. They bring in cast offs from the English lower leagues like May or Cosgrove.

Money, it's all money.. :(

16 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

You criticising for it. Whether an opinion is wrong or right, who you support has absolutely no bearing on what you can pass comment on.

Sure, you are right, although I can understand the Aberdeen fans saying, "Well if you aren't happy with our efforts, let's see your team do it", and obviously (and sadly from my point of view and no doubt happily from yours!) we aren't going to see St Mirren challenge for the league.

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

Sure, you are right, although I can understand the Aberdeen fans saying, "Well if you aren't happy with our efforts, let's see your team do it",

I couldn't. Anyone who would come away with that is a c**t who can't take their team being criticized.

I find it pretty bizarre that folk are jumping on a throwaway comment about winning the league.

It is largely meaningless, and I'm sure Kearney is under no illusions about the challenges associated with the job he has accepted.

Curiously, some supporters of other clubs seem to be getting more worked up about what he said than St Mirren fans are. What a strange bunch.

Unsurprisingly the press are typically all over a comment like this. 

Kearney said it with a bit of a chuckle in his voice. He also said that when he took over at Coleraine they were languishing in a precariously bad position but that given time, effort and the right level of backing, he's managed to leave them 7 years on as challengers. 

If, 7 years down the line he leaves us an established Premier league side with a cup win or two, it'll be job done. 

"I want to win the league because the day I started [at Coleraine] I wanted titles and trophies," said Kearney.

"St Mirren, having just been promoted, obviously are not in that position at the minute. But Coleraine a few years ago weren't in that position either, so with a bit of hard work, a huge amount can be done."

10 hours ago, Kyle said:
1   Hearts 4 8 12

2   Celtic 4 3 9
3   Kilmarnock 4 3 7

4   Livingston 4 1 7
5   St Johnstone 4 0 7
6   Hibernian 4 2 5
7   Rangers 4 1 5
8   Aberdeen 4 -1 5
9   Motherwell 4 -2 4
10   Hamilton 4 -4 3

11   St Mirren 4 -6 3

12   Dundee 4 -5

We're a top 6 club m8 ;) 

We're officially part of #TB4 :D yass big team finally

On 10/09/2018 at 11:00, Buddist Monk said:

Sure, you are right, although I can understand the Aberdeen fans saying, "Well if you aren't happy with our efforts, let's see your team do it", and obviously (and sadly from my point of view and no doubt happily from yours!) we aren't going to see St Mirren challenge for the league.

What on earth is this drivel?

#TB4

Archived