Peterhead v Bohemians

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

Interesting test for Peterhead playing against seasoned European competition. Good luck Blue Toon, still undecided whether I can be arsed doing another 500 miles and wasting 2 days just to be let down again.

My forecast Peterhead 1-3 Bohemians unless The Blues turn up and decide to give a feck, we will see🤮

Difficult to know what to expect from this, we don't have a big enough squad to make wholesale changes, we certainly need to improve from last weeks 2nd half performance. Not sure playing Rory, Derek Lyle & Rusty from the start has worked too well think we need to try leaving one of them on the bench & start with a wide player either Kavanagh or Norris if Dunlop finally plays it could maybe even let Jamie Stevenson play in his proper position. Not sure how Bohemians compare to our own league teams but although well travelled would not expect them to be world beaters so we need to have a go.

Guest TOPFITTER

2 grandsons were desperate to go so I reneged and against my better judgement made the journey!!!
Hope it proves to be worth it, ‘mon the BLUE TOON [emoji460]️

Wasn’t going to go but got free tickets so guess I will. Hoping for a good performance if not a good result. Hopefully no trouble either although there is a fairly big police presence by our usual standards.

Bohs not starting a full strength squad mix of Under 19s and experience! Main goal scorer Corcoran on the bench and Supple the number 1 left at home! Unsure on Peterhead but if playing a full strength team could have the win here!

Not quite 500 miles, but made the 320 mile trip for this one, Balmoor being one of the two 42 grounds I hadn't seen a game at (Dumbarton's new stadium  the other). Very friendly club, liked the ground. Thought Peterhead deserved a draw overall, being unlucky to hit the bar in the closing minutes. Bohs defence did look pretty assured throughout though.

6 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

England actually.

Aye see that in todays paper, it was the FAI initials on the team sheets that threw me presumed it was Football Association of Ireland but after his performance on Saturday he should have been sent home to think again!

Guest TOPFITTER
6 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

England actually.

He was like a mixture of "FRANK SPENCER" and Larry Grayson flouncing about the pitch his blonde "Barnet" "Blowing in the Wind" another example of the "IT's All About Me"  type of Refs so beloved by the SFA/SPFL !!! Refereeing is more than knowing the Rules , passing a written test and sprays and being miked up and treating players like wee boys who are a piece of shi£e.

Maybe it is time the SFA and SPFL and Referees association were serious about getting the right former players involved at professional/semi-professional level and add their years of playing experience to the decision making process? It shouldn't be too hard to start in a small way the players doing coaching badges sit the REF's exam so the Authorities no who have the knowledge, if they are interested get them on a Fast-Track to take control of the game they know !!!

Archived