Bloodhound.exploit.40

I had problems logging in with IE. It kept shutting down and sending an error report. Logged on now with Firefox which I managed to locate on the Uni system.

Yeah just caught that. At the minute I'm using Firefox but if I use IE it says it has to terminate and requests a debug and then asks to send an error report.

Edited: IE is now running P & B successfully :D

Cheers Div B)

Yeah just caught that. At the minute I'm using Firefox but if I use IE it says it has to terminate and requests a debug and then asks to send an error report.

Edited: IE is now running P & B successfully  :D

Cheers Div  B)

731307[/snapback]

Good stuff. Humble apologies for any inconvenience caused - there are a lot of wee b*****ds about that are quite clever and like to cause as much disruption as possible.

Unfortunately we have been the victims of an external attack in this case :angry:

Hopefully the damage will not have been too severe, although anyone with up to date virus software and a well patched operating system should have been ok apart from some warnings :blink:

Ensure you are patched and up to date at www.windowsupdate.com

Aye lol, I got that yesterday if you go to [if your anti-virus doesn't work or you don't have one] C:\Documentsandsettings\youraccountname\

then click tools then folder options, then in the window that appears there is a view tab click it, then in the settings check box menu beneath click 'view hidden files or folders' then click ok you should now have transparent looking folders in the the folder [C:\Documentsandsettings\youraccountname\] one of which is called local settings go into that. inside that go into temporary internet files

then find a folder, could take some looking called, Content.IE5 or just type it in the adress line as C:\Documentsandsettings\youraccountname\local settings\temporaryinteret files\Content.IE5\ inside that will be a folder called RMKZ9LNR go into it, inside that will be loads of files, go to view and sort them by type go to the HTML files that are now all arranged next to each other the find the one called either.... bloodhound.exploit.40 OR zwell_ms05038[1] and delete it.

problem solved.

It's much easier with norton however.

Archived