East Fife v Queen of the South - Irn Bru Cup Round 3

King Kebab

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 very good well taken goals. Dowds showed real composure to stick that away when it could have been easier just to smash it first time. What a find he could turn out to be and reckon he has all the attributes to be a bit of a cult hero at Bayview.

The penalty claim is in the seen them given but not all the time. The disallowed goal seemed a little harsh. I know there was a high foot but the keeper didnt seem all that put off by it. Had it been allowed perhaps we could of kicked on.

East fife looked like they played well the passing seemed good and there attacks were well worked. The first goal was an absolute peach and the second was a mix of good attacking and more poor defending. Best of luck East Fife.

The penalty shout was a bit like the one given against Croatia in the WC final. It clearly hit has hand so the question is was his arm in an 'unnatural' position or not and in this case it's pretty much open to interpretation. I'd a group of neutrals to be split on it but I would err on the side of not giving it due to the short distance and high speed the ball came at him.

It might not even happen!! We should get a bye if they can't fulfill the fixture on the date given. I will be very disappointed if East Fife give in on this. We certainly don't want either the Arbroath away or Rovers at home fixtures moved , so no room to manoeuvre.

My understanding here is that Bohemians want to bring this forward because their season finishes next weekend. Frankly they should be told to feck off. Don`t see at all why East Fife should be disadvantaged by this. 

Edit to add from reading the generic thread for this competition it seems that the SPFL knew this situation could arise but chose to say to Bohemians play anyway and we`ll deal with it if we have too. Deary me. Were we so desperate to have Irish teams in the compettion that the League just stuck their head in the sand and hoped the Irish teams would be papped out at an earlier stage. Classic scottish football. Potential to disadvantge 2 Scottish teams (E Fife and an opponent of any match that gets moved) to avoid disadvantaging a single Irish team You couldn`t make it up.

I am perceiving the situation unfolding where our Dumfries brethren are going to be able to see themselves as the ultimate winners in this tie!!!

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I am perceiving the situation unfolding where our Dumfries brethren are going to be able to see themselves as the ultimate winners in this tie!!!

TBH I think many of us would have relished the trip as I suspect many of you were before the goalposts started shifting. . As a FT club the dicking about with potential dates would have less of an issue I would think. Anyway, good luck to East Fife when it comes and enjoy the trip for those of you who go. :thumsup2

TBH I think many of us would have relished the trip as I suspect many of you were before the goalposts started shifting. . As a FT club the dicking about with potential dates would have less of an issue I would think. Anyway, good luck to East Fife when it comes and enjoy the trip for those of you who go. :thumsup2

Just out of interest, if you had went through would it have been cheaper and quicker to get to Dublin from Dumfries via ferry or by plane???

Obviously I meant ferry from Stranraer and plane from Glasgow rather from the New Dumfries International Transport Hub, which isn't is full operation yet!!!

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Just out of interest, if you had went through would it have been cheaper and quicker to get to Dublin from Dumfries via ferry or by plane???

I would imagine most of our fans would have gone by ferry. Fair number of fans in the central belt and further afield though so all options would be explored I would think.

38 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

No, we won't. Not unless you intend to abdicate and hand us the place in the next round anyway! We'd have been delighted to go to Bohemians, even if ultimately midweek. As a full time side and based in Dumfries it wouldn't have caused all that much hassle for the club (though midweek would clearly be a nonsense for the fans).

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Obviously I meant ferry from Stranraer and plane from Glasgow rather from the New Dumfries International Transport Hub, which isn't is full operation yet!!!

The pedant would point out Stranraer no longer has a ferry port. Ferries from either Cairnryan or Troon.

I don't think there's much chance we'd have flown. Ferry to Belfast as foot passengers and hire a bus from Belfast to drive down to Dublin I'd think. It's just over 100 miles. Unless a train proved more convenient possibly? No idea what rail services are like between Belfast and Dublin.

The pedant would point out Stranraer no longer has a ferry port. Ferries from either Cairnryan or Troon.

Just as well you aren't one then!!![emoji6]

Archived