East Fife v Queen of the South - Irn Bru Cup Round 3

King Kebab

I know you were KK! :-p

On a serious note we are always looking at ways to improve the quality & content of EFtv so if anyone has any ideas or would like to help please get in contact. We would like to add more camera angles but the work in editing two cameras is quite time consuming as it is. Would love to have the 4 Go Pros behind the goals that QOS have but its all down to cost. If fans have cameras they could lend us on match days that would be great, happy to provide the memory cards!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

How were East Fife at defending crosses/corners under Naysmith?

My recollection is excellent .At that time EF had Jonathan Page,Jason Kerr, StevieCampbell, and Naysmith himself.

Offensively EF also scored quite a few from corners especially Kerr, Page and Campbell.

My recollection is excellent .At that time EF had Jonathan Page,Jason Kerr, StevieCampbell, and Naysmith himself.
Offensively EF also scored quite a few from corners especially Kerr, Page and Campbell.

We’re s**t at them. Although Jason Kerr scored about 4/5 goals in his few months with us

On 06/10/2018 at 20:45, Northfield 53 said:

Have to say I fancy East Fife to win this .

East Fife won 6 in a row we have not won in a few games look a tired team.

Our defence looks a shambles again fancy East Fife to score we have Dobbie but that is it have nothing else we will need more to beat  a good East Fife team have no other threat apart from Dobbie 

You fancy us to get beat every week. 

This competition is a complete farce! I get you don't want to change a winning team and try to keep the excellent run going but I hope our fringe players get some game time and we don't get any injuries. I won't be there today but I hope Gary gets a warm welcome back. If we get through i'd like Salford City in the next round [emoji848]

It looks as though Arbroath gave this tournament the contempt it deserves by giving their fringe players a run out and were rag dolled by Edinburgh City.

Not too fussed about this competition as we have guys who could be doing with some game time and keeping our players fresh for the league. I would give the likes of Linton, Bell and Docherty a run out.

Edit - Also hope Gary Naysmith gets a very warm welcome when he comes back.

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I suspect we will be going full strength, minus injuries of course. Centenary year, no midweek games either side of this fixture, so i would expect the team want to give themselves the best possible chance of a return to winning ways.

Tend to agree with that. I would expect Frizzell to come in for the injured Harkins but assuming everyone else is fit that might well be the only change. I notice Fordyce featured for the reserves on Monday so expect he might get some more minutes as a sub if things are going well. 

On 10/8/2018 at 22:46, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Queens will rightly so be favourites for this game. We are 1 point off the play-offs, and while we haven’t won in 4, we are a superior team to East Fife. In saying that, a home win wouldn’t come as a surprise at all considering the way they’re playing at the minute. However since Dobbie has returned, we’ve played lower league teams 14 times and he’s scored in 10 of those. East Kilbride (0-0), Montrose (0-0) Airdronians (4-0) all in 17/18, and Albion (1-2) in 16/17 are the games he’s not scored in. Absolutely no disrespect to East Fife, but I expect Dobbie to score on more than one occasion. In those 14 games he’s scored 19 goals. If our defence turns up we should win this comfortably.

But it’s Queen of the South so who the f*** knows

That post ^^ reminds me of the scrambled eggs I had for breakfast yesterday.

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Tend to agree with that. I would expect Frizzell to come in for the injured Harkins but assuming everyone else is fit that might well be the only change. I notice Fordyce featured for the reserves on Monday so expect he might get some more minutes as a sub if things are going well. 

Got tonights lottery numbers?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Got tonights lottery numbers?

It wasnt exactly a prediction on Foinavon / Buster Douglas levels though was it? :lol:

Other than the midweek Stenny game we have made only one change to the first eleven all season (Mercer came in for Fordyce when he was injured). 

Archived