East Fife v Queen of the South - Irn Bru Cup Round 3

King Kebab

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done East Fife - thoroughly deserved.

We are a very lazy team when we don’t have the ball - rather than trying to win the ball high up the pitch we retreat into a deep shell and make little or no attempt to win it back early. This has been a recurring theme under GN and he has singularly failed to tackle the problem throughout his tenure.

The GK is a huge weakness and messrs Mercer and Jacobs are really toiling at present.

I am not unduly bothered about this particular competition but it is concerning when we field our full team and get outplayed and out manoeuvred in this fashion.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:
Maybe getting  close to a change of manager ...

Where is the money coming to get rid of him and who do we bring in?

Jim McIntyre is one of many managers who is available .

I am sure the Chairman could find the money to get rid of Naysmith he has not got long to go in his contract .

Listen to his interview from today's game Naysmith sounds  like a beaten man does not no how to change our poor form .

Jim McIntyre is one of many managers who is available .
I am sure the Chairman could find the money to get rid of Naysmith he has not got long to go in his contract .
Listen to his interview from today's game Naysmith sounds  like a beaten man does not no how to change our poor form .
It would be a step back for McIntyre so I'd be very surprised if he was interested. Maybe there could be money available to pay Naysmith off but then if it did suddenly emerge I'd pissed off with the board for rustling up funds to sack a guy instead of giving him that money to bring in another player or two.

Listening to Naysmith I actually sympathise with him. He's nailed it on the head: 3 clean sheets against the best 3 sides, yet we revert back to our awful defending of previous seasons. Last week was entirely the players fault. They were lethargic from the beginning and the goals they conceded were absolutely woeful. If today was the same then they really need to be having words with themselves. The system was the same last week as it has been for weeks so I'm not sure how the manager can be blamed for such a poor performance.

On 10/8/2018 at 22:46, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Queens will rightly so be favourites for this game. We are 1 point off the play-offs, and while we haven’t won in 4, we are a superior team to East Fife. In saying that, a home win wouldn’t come as a surprise at all considering the way they’re playing at the minute. However since Dobbie has returned, we’ve played lower league teams 14 times and he’s scored in 10 of those. East Kilbride (0-0), Montrose (0-0) Airdronians (4-0) all in 17/18, and Albion (1-2) in 16/17 are the games he’s not scored in. Absolutely no disrespect to East Fife, but I expect Dobbie to score on more than one occasion. In those 14 games he’s scored 19 goals. If our defence turns up we should win this comfortably.

But it’s Queen of the South so who the f*** knows

Was Dobbie playing today?

Gazza stated twice in his post match interview that he was taking a large portion of the blame for his side's defeat for not freshening up his starting eleven. I would honestly stick by him - don't think you will find a better man-manager at your level. A top four spot is achievable - you could end up doing a Livi... 

Another cracking result, and not really surprised that we didn’t make any major changes to the team.

We are absolutely flying at the moment and what a difference having 4 decent strikers to pick from and actually having a go at teams. Very refreshing.

Naysmith took a while to get going at East Fife, I’m hoping he will be a success at QOS.

Disappointing rumblings against GN from the QotS fans!!!

Think your players need to take a hard look at themselves instead of letting your manager carry the can and if you do have any funds give them to Gary to make the changes your team requires NOT use them to pay him off!!!

You have one of the best young managers in the country and if you support him you will see the benefits in time!!!

Disappointing rumblings against GN from the QotS fans!!!
Think your players need to take a hard look at themselves instead of letting your manager carry the can and if you do have any funds give them to Gary to make the changes your team requires NOT use them to pay him off!!!
You have one of the best young managers in the country and if you support him you will see the benefits in time!!!

Despite your comments I am guessing that you wouldn’t swap us Young for Naysmith?

Listened to FN interview, and he as always, was very honest. He is a good manager / man manager, and the issue ,as he he hinted at , is maybe the Billy big shots in your team need brought down a peg or 2. GN will have no qualms in doing that. Trust him . He is putting his neck on the line for player failings today, and will sort it out. We learned that ourselves

7 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Listened to FN interview, and he as always, was very honest. He is a good manager / man manager, and the issue ,as he he hinted at , is maybe the Billy big shots in your team need brought down a peg or 2. GN will have no qualms in doing that. Trust him . He is putting his neck on the line for player failings today, and will sort it out. We learned that ourselves

I don`t think he`s looking to take bring down any "Billy Big Shots" by a peg or two. To me that`s not the issue at all. He`s more growing tired of players repeating the same basic errors I would think. GN always speaks well in interviews with an honesty that is refreshing although I`m sure as an East Fife fan you already know that.

Despite your comments I am guessing that you wouldn’t swap us Young for Naysmith?

Obviously not at the moment, but if DY was to leave at any point in the future and GN was available, I'm sure he would be welcomed back at the Nou Bayview with open arms!!!

3 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Gazza stated twice in his post match interview that he was taking a large portion of the blame for his side's defeat for not freshening up his starting eleven.

He has the chance to do that every game but correctly has started the same 11 every week. Where he is failing is in using the 3 subs, usually it's one sub, today he made two but he can freshen the team up during a game too but fails too

47 minutes ago, queenslad said:

He has the chance to do that every game but correctly has started the same 11 every week. Where he is failing is in using the 3 subs, usually it's one sub, today he made two but he can freshen the team up during a game too but fails too

I thought his substitutions were good today considering how limited the options are. Frizzell didn`t do much of note and it was reasonable to try Todd out wide and thus bring Bell on in midfield.  It`s good also to get some more minutes  for Fordyce and also take off Mercer who I thought really struggled today. He`s been much improved this season but was poor today.

Our big problem (again) was having no striking options on the bench.  Dykes has been really good this season but he needs a rest.

19 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

No surprise to me on today's defeat and very poor performance .

We have one top class player in Dobbie mark him tightly and that is our attacking threat gone .

We have nothing on the bench that will change a game .

18 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Maybe getting  close to a change of manager ...

You have probably cancelled out your prediction about maybe changing the manager with these posts.  It depends on whether you think running with a small squad was the Manager's decision or was dictated by the amount of money made available by the Board.  He doesn't have the luxury of making wholesale changes if players or the team are struggling,  there is little competition for places to keep players on their toes, the starting 11 virtually picks itself.  Could another manager come in now and get more from this group of players? If so who fits the bill?  People often claim that a change of Manager is needed but don't actually have any idea who that person should be.  

18 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Gazza stated twice in his post match interview that he was taking a large portion of the blame for his side's defeat for not freshening up his starting eleven. I would honestly stick by him - don't think you will find a better man-manager at your level. A top four spot is achievable - you could end up doing a Livi... 

Are you having s laugh ,take Dobbie out if that team and you have absolute cross, no belief ,no shape and Naeidea, what a combination together with the fact he's absolutely dour

Archived