Celtic V Aberdeen (29th September)

Just now, G-MAN said:

To top it all off and I didn’t realise this until now.

Madden and officials had to say he didn’t see the incident for the ban to stand.

There are numerous photos of Madden looking directly at the incident.

Who cares? They've reached the right decision, this is exactly what the compliance officer should be doing.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two wrongs don't make a right. They've made the correct decision this time. There's been plenty of players retrospectively banned over the years, Saints have had four in recent memory.

Highlight one example of a retrospective serious foul play ban for an incident the officials clearly saw?
By citing McKenna, the SFA have said that all the officials (all 4 of them) missed the incident. What the f*ck were they looking at? Who is buying that tall tale?

Who cares? They've reached the right decision, this is exactly what the compliance officer should be doing.

Let’s just chuck out the rules and judicial protocols and make it up as we go then?

Just now, bpdon said:

Let’s just chuck out the rules and judicial protocols and make it up as we go then?

They should do it on a case by case process. If the linesmens view was blocked by a player, and the ref only saw it from behind Edouard, then their perception is a hell of a lot different to what it actually was. 

To let McKenna away with it because the ref "could sort of see it" would be archaic.

If there was a modicum of consistency here there would be much less “screeching”.

Plus the decision is in no way as clear cut as you’re making out.

Hop off the high horse.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

If there was a modicum of consistency here there would be much less “screeching”.

Plus the decision is in no way as clear cut as you’re making out.

Hop off the high horse.

It's a clear red, if he doesn't get the ball he's going studs up into someone's chest.

Consistency has to start somewhere, maybe they've changed something after the farces over the McGregor incident, maybe the ref saw that so they couldn't act, so they've changed to include incidents refs did see? You're all bleating about it as if you're aboslutely convinced theres some grand plan to punish Aberdeen.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

FandanGuy spectacularly missing the point yet again.

Some talent right enough.

Should you not be posting a hilarious meme somewhere?

Punishing the same team repeatedly but letting others away with worse is doing the right thing ? Grow up mate.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Punishing the same team repeatedly but letting others away with worse is doing the right thing ? Grow up mate.

They've punished Aberdeen because McKenna done something that warranted it, let's not pretend they've just created an offence to punish you here.

In which case repeatedly means that one time they've fucked up with Devlin, I suspect every club has had that over the past 12 months.

It's a clear red, if he doesn't get the ball he's going studs up into someone's chest.
Consistency has to start somewhere, maybe they've changed something after the farces over the McGregor incident, maybe the ref saw that so they couldn't act, so they've changed to include incidents refs did see? You're all bleating about it as if you're aboslutely convinced theres some grand plan to punish Aberdeen.

No one has said that mate, stop making stuff up.

I think it’s more that there is a high degree of scepticism that this new found “consistency” will continue for the rest of the season.

Also there are several (not just dons fans), pundits etc who disagree that it’s a clear red. For me it’s a yellow for a clumsy challenge.

I think there is also astonishment that this challenge is deemed significantly worse than lashing out off the ball.

They've punished Aberdeen because McKenna done something that warranted it, let's not pretend they've just created an offence to punish you here.
In which case repeatedly means that one time they've fucked up with Devlin, I suspect every club has had that over the past 12 months.

Ay, so they have. Been so high profile and all over the press I must have missed it...

I don't have much problem with the ban. However, I do have a problem that this is worthy of a two match ban and blatantly kicking people isn't. And that level of inconsistency and bawbaggery is definitely worth calling out time and time again.

Are you idiots seriously saying that the contact after the clearance made by McKenna was” pre-meditated using excessive force with a view to injuring an opponent”. So much so, that not one player appealed for him to be sent off.

To let McKenna away with it because the ref "could sort of see it" would be archaic.

You don’t think the SFA subverting and bending their own judicial protocols in such an inconsistent way is not archaic kangaroo court nonsense?

6 minutes ago, bpdon said:

You don’t think the SFA subverting and bending their own judicial protocols in such an inconsistent way is not archaic kangaroo court nonsense?

I think evolving the rules is the best way forward.

20 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Ay, so they have. Been so high profile and all over the press I must have missed it...

Most clubs accept it as a mistake and move on, Aberdeen have gone screeching to the BBC.

We had Anderson sent off against Aberdeen at McDiarmid a few years back for an incident almost identical to Devlins, it didn't get overturned either. 

Aberdeen are creating a fuss so they get preferential treatment further down the line, exactly what Celtic and Rangers have done, and exactly what causes inconsistencies. A majority of their fans are presenting this as if they're leading some fight against the SPFL for the entire club system out with the Old Firm, which is just bollocks, anything happens like this against you, you'll be silent, that's where my issue is. Admit you're doing it for the benefit of yourselves and stop pretending you're trying to lead a reform

Archived