Hearts (League leaders) v Celtic (also rans)

Romeo

Should get at least 20k, then. Plenty punters still waiting for the general sale. Good stuff.

Will Celtic actually sell their allocation for this? Don't think they've even had 30k for semi-finals in Glasgow for a long time, never mind having to come through to the capital.

Should get at least 20k, then. Plenty punters still waiting for the general sale. Good stuff.
Will Celtic actually sell their allocation for this? Don't think they've even had 30k for semi-finals in Glasgow for a long time, never mind having to come through to the capital.

Don’t think we will be far from it. Can see us taking around 25,000.

On 15/10/2018 at 21:15, Connor7 said:

Don’t think we will be far from it. Can see us taking around 25,000.

Surely Celtic will sell out? All those horrible east coast **** will be wanting to go?

I don't think we will be far off, think we've sold 18-20k so far and that's only to season ticket holders who could buy two each. General sale Thursday I think and we will get 25k at least.

The nick of these c**ts - they're actually going full on Rangers. yXAbrOQ.png

Of course, there is absolutely no suggestion that ra Sellick will actually sell their original allocation. In fact, at this point there's no indication they'll have a bigger support than we will.

Fucking lizards, man. QzWmbTZ.png

Got my tickets today. Decent thing about Murrayfield is you don’t come home to a “signature is required” slip posted through your door and have to trail to a sorting office and pay a special delivery charge for the privilege like with Hampden.

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No updates on tickets from the rhats?

We’ve finished the sale to home cup ticket scheme and everyone who went to the two away games and they are going on sale on a FCFS basis to season ticket holders who don’t meet that criteria at 09.30 tomorrow.

I presume we aren’t boasting about how many have been sold every 2 minutes because we know they will sell out and we therefore don’t need to make them seem rivalrous.

Tbh if Hearts don’t sell 30,000 for a game on their doorstep I reckon serious consideration should be given to them ever getting 50% of Hampden ever again ever tbqfh imho (ever). 

Edited by The OP

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Tbh if Hearts don’t sell 30,000 for a game on their doorstep I reckon serious consideration should be given to them ever getting 50% of Hampden ever again ever tbqfh imho (ever). 

Why? 30,000 isn't half of the Hampden attendance.

To be honest I can see both points of view in these tedious allocation debates and I tend to lean on the side of why would Aberdeen and Hearts sell the seats with the worst views to their most loyal supporters. I learned a while ago that it's easy enough to near enough guarantee yourself a ticket by getting on the home cup ticket scheme (which I understand is a bit of an unpredictable financial obligation for some particularly when Europe is factored in) and checking your emails regularly if you draw a team who will want 50%. But I felt like Elixir was attempting to wind folk up too much to not have a wee dig about the fact there will probably be empty seats in the Hearts end and probably not in the Celtic end. 

Edited by The OP

Celtic obviously have a far bigger support than Hearts, though.

And when have Celtic ever sold 30,000 for a semi-final in recent history? Bearing in mind they're always 'on your doorstep'. The only semi-finals you sell out are against Rangers. You had 24,000 against us in 2012 - and we're probably going to have more than that here.

If there are any empty sections in our end, they will probably only be in the upper west corner, where we'll stick that massive flag we got for the final against Hibs.

Considering the number of season ticket holders who have waited to buy and/or people still saying they need to get several tickets, there should be big sales tomorrow and over the weekend.

If we beat Aberdeen on Saturday and then Dundee on Tuesday to keep the feel-good factor going, it's possible we could actually sell the lot, or come very close. Regardless of this being a mile from Tynecastle, taking this many fans to a semi-final we're not favourites to win is pretty impressive.

Biggest support for any non Old Firm club in a semi since we played Hibs in 2006.

Edited by Elixir