Hearts (League leaders) v Celtic (also rans)

Romeo

Rumours of Griffith's going AWOL, any truth in them?

Matt McGlone tweeted that he’s been on a bender for a week and no one at Celtic can get hold of him them he removed the tweet. McGlone’s a dick so f**k knows if there’s any truth in it.

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Matt McGlone tweeted that he’s been on a bender for a week and no one at Celtic can get hold of him them he removed the tweet. McGlone’s a dick so f**k knows if there’s any truth in it.

Likely bullshit then, he never played last night so thought maybe something in it. Obviously good for Sunday but not good if he is having mental health issues as suggested. 

I actually quite like Griffith's, for some reason I don't think hearts fans have the same dislike for him as chavs like Riordan and O'Connor. 

4 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Likely bullshit then, he never played last night so thought maybe something in it. Obviously good for Sunday but not good if he is having mental health issues as suggested. 

I actually quite like Griffith's, for some reason I don't think hearts fans have the same dislike for him as chavs like Riordan and O'Connor. 

I quite like Griffiths but let's not pretend he's not a bit of a reprobate :lol:

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

This game is now getting very close to setting the record for the highest ever all seated attendance for a football match in Scotland. Not bad for a wee cup semi final.

And to think Doncaster had to be dragged kicking and screaming to move the game to Murrayfield the obvious sensible choice.

Any idea what the current record is?

I'll be going, more or less as a neutral (although in the Hearts end). Looking forward to it.

This game should be a cracker. Do Hearts still have a lot of key players out? Levein has done a tremendous job since coming back in and although they didn’t have to get out of first gear against us on Tuesday night they were so much better than the poor Hearts sides which I’ve seen come to Dens in recent seasons.

Still think Celtic will edge it but at the same time won’t be surprised if Hearts can nick a win.

19 hours ago, The_Judge said:

I can't see anything but a comfortable Celtic win.

Celtic got their tanking in Germany as expected.  Celtic now have one fit center back apparently, Rogic, Forrest, Griffiths and their Capt Brown are all highly doubtful. I fully expect the champions elect to win this in their own back yard. In fact I might even get on the the Hearts -1.  Free money...

11 hours ago, Marten said:

Any idea what the current record is?

I'll be going, more or less as a neutral (although in the Hearts end). Looking forward to it.

60,440, Celtic v St. Mirren, 7 April 2001

Hearts have sold about 28,500(estimate) at the moment and Celtic 30,300 so there is still time with tickets on sale up to and including the day of the game.

Edited by Mr. X

This game should be a cracker. Do Hearts still have a lot of key players out?

Yes.

It’s not ideal but it’s not looking as bad as we may have imagined

Haring is expected to be back for this but will be a little rusty

Uche Ikpeazu is out but Steve MacLean seems to be hitting some form at just the right time.

The first choice defensive pairing of Berra and Soutar are out for a while but Dunne and Dikamono appearcapable understudies. Dunne is clearly talented but he’s prone to the occasional cock up basically like Souttar about a year ago. Nobody has seen enough of Dikamono to judge him properly but already it’s safe to say he’s not going to be utter shite.

Celtic got their tanking in Germany as expected.  Celtic now have one fit center back apparently, Rogic, Forrest, Griffiths and their Capt Brown are all highly doubtful. I fully expect the champions elect to win this in their own back yard. In fact I might even get on the the Hearts -1.  Free money...

Quite cautious only -1 imo, but free money is free money I suppose

F*ck knows who our centre back pairing will be. Boyatas suspended ,Simunovic is injured and Im guessing Ajer still isnt fit too. 

Hopefully Benkovic is recovered, would fancy Lustig beside him but Gamboa is injured too.

If were left with Hendry he should be under strict instructions to break Naismiths legs and then we play with 10 men.*

Would like to see Christie keep his place as he was one of few decent players yesterday.

*Im kidding, Collum will probably book Naismith for diving.

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Yes.

It’s not ideal but it’s not looking as bad as we may have imagined

Haring is expected to be back for this but will be a little rusty

Uche Ikpeazu is out but Steve MacLean seems to be hitting some form at just the right time.

The first choice defensive pairing of Berra and Soutar are out for a while but Dunne and Dikamono appearcapable understudies. Dunne is clearly talented but he’s prone to the occasional cock up basically like Souttar about a year ago. Nobody has seen enough of Dikamono to judge him properly but already it’s safe to say he’s not going to be utter shite.

It's Dikamona. 8)

Can't wait for Berra to return. Him and Dunne will be a fantastic partnership. I love what I've seen from the Jumbo Soldier so far as well, though.

Edited by Elixir

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me this is the best chance in years for any team in Scotland to stop the dominance Celtic have enjoyed.
The tarts start to the season has been more than impressive credit to them.
But Celtic are about winning and winning trophies  even thou it's the lesser of the three.

"lesser of the three" ? It's the diddy cup.  If the venue hadn't been switched to a short stroll from Tynie, we would probably just have conceded the tie, rather than trek all the way to Glasgow for a nothing match.

13 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

No. He's a racist wee nyaff. O' Connor, I don't mind - he's just a balloon.

Griffiths is a great player, when focussed, but damaged goods.