Hearts (League leaders) v Celtic (also rans)

Romeo

1 hour ago, OSP said:

That does my tits in no matter who has done it. Just because the guy doesn't claim for the penalty, doesn't mean he didn't dive. The fact that they realise they made an arse of it doesn't mean the intent to cheat wasn't there to begin with.

Should be booked every time for it.

I get annoyed by the "it's either a penalty or a booking" attitude. Sometimes people just fall, particularly if they are running quickly and trying to control a football inside an 18 yard box. 

22 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Celtic of 2 years ago would have routed this makeshift Hearts side. Can't blame the players too much though - it just didn't work out yesterday.

From about 30 minutes onwards that was the most one sided match I've seen in a long time.  People often say 'it could have been 6 or 7', this really should have been, numerous last ditch clearances and a few great saves. The whole second half was wave after wave of attack.

However there is some truth to what you're saying in that if Dembele or an on form Griffiths was up front rather than Eduoard, I think the scoreline would have been a more accurate reflection of the play.

7 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

From about 30 minutes onwards that was the most one sided match I've seen in a long time.  People often say 'it could have been 6 or 7', this really should have been, numerous last ditch clearances and a few great saves. The whole second half was wave after wave of attack.

However there is some truth to what you're saying in that if Dembele or an on form Griffiths was up front rather than Eduoard, I think the scoreline would have been a more accurate reflection of the play.

I'm thinking of the amount of times Forrest beat his man to get into the box only to pass the ball straight to a Hearts defender or the space that they were getting on the other side even after Sinclair came on. They're very poor at producing that final ball just now. You could see that despite almost all the possession they were starting to lob the ball about aimlessly towards the end of the first half. I was half heartedly hoping we might shitfest a fluky one nil win until their first goal then it was clearly game over.  

First half was pretty poor for both sides.  After the penalty (I'd be screaming about the Masons, the Stone Cutters and the Moonies were it given up the other end) and with hearts having to open up, it was one way traffic. Good second half performance and a great result. 

Hopefully the wee Hearts wifey walloped with the bottle makes a speedy recovery. 

3 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

First half was pretty poor for both sides.  After the penalty (I'd be screaming about the Masons, the Stone Cutters and the Moonies were it given up the other end) and with hearts having to open up, it was one way traffic. Good second half performance and a great result. 

Hopefully the wee Hearts wifey walloped with the bottle makes a speedy recovery. 

There's a vid doing the rounds on Twitter of the moron. Loads of pals in attendance, some with young kids (!!) as they shout about 'fen*an bassas'. Not many Edinburgh accents amongst them it has to be said.

Scum of the earth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacksonCowan10/status/1057293128267415554/video/1

Apparently some dick that hit a 70 year old women in the face with a bottle...I love the guy in the grey jacket that gives it the old , come ahead, for a second then shites it!

Got a feeling his week is going to end very badly.

Edited by Jdog

11 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

There's a vid doing the rounds on Twitter of the moron. Loads of pals in attendance, some with young kids (!!) as they shout about 'fen*an bassas'. Not many Edinburgh accents amongst them it has to be said.

Scum of the earth.

I like the way the Record says he "launched an attack on a Celtic bus" rather than ran across a road to smash someone in the face with a bottle.

18 hours ago, The OP said:

I get annoyed by the "it's either a penalty or a booking" attitude. Sometimes people just fall, particularly if they are running quickly and trying to control a football inside an 18 yard box. 

I get that sometimes people fall. I get that sometimes there are times where it is neither a penalty or a dive.

But let's be honest here. There are times where someone makes a c**t of it, realises they have, and because they don't complain, they get away with it...

• 1 year later...