Davis Love III

Who will win the 2018 Ryder Cup?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • America
    • 14-14 Tie (USA Retains Trophy)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/18 at 06:49

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
The Rose/Stenson match now looks pivotal because the Yanks are looking good for wins in 2 other matches.

^Paul McGinley found

I cannot emphasise enough the importance of this first match.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

Has the standard of golf been poorer this year? Or is the course tougher? Feels like everytime i look someone is in the heavy rough or making bogey.

I always thought in previous ryder cups the players scored ridiculously low.

I think the fairways are hefty narrow on this course, and as you can see the rough is fucking ROUGH so if you end up in there trying to recover is nae easy venture.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

I think the fairways are hefty narrow on this course, and as you can see the rough is fucking ROUGH so if you end up in there trying to recover is nae easy venture.

The hosts get to decide shit like that, im sure its been said before that when its over in America they like wide fairways and short rough as they are all big hitters, sure a few times when its been in europe the euro captain makes the fairways narrower and the rough like a german birds armpit, negates the usa big hitters

In 2016 the USA set the course up like a pitch and putt with wide fairways and generous rough, as their stats showed they had the better wedge players and putters. This is a totally different beast. 

Always intriguing to see the order of the singles, USA obviously have to front load, think Thomas and Spieth will go first in either order. Europe probably have to fight fire with fire at the top then stick some cool heads at the end. 

Archived