Next Partick Thistle manager

Next Partick Thistle manager?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Red Monkey/Quinn is just a parody of himself now.

Archibald did a very good job for for the first 3 years. The past year and a half have been dreadful and we’ve massively underperformed and he was out of ideas. Not rocket science.

Regardless of which league we end up in next season, there's no one I'd rather have at Firhill than Archibald.

If we're in the Championship again next season so what?

I'd prefer to have a young man manage the club who is Thistle through and through learning his trade and gaining his experience - rather than some snake who will jump to a 'bigger' club the very first chance he gets, or a berk from the miners country of Fife, or some ex-Old Firm t*sser who'd rather play golf and spout pish about his beloved Celtic than manage, or some ****** who just wants to play hoof-the-baw with journeymen duffers, etc etc etc etc and on and on and on.

I don't see how going down is a disaster. We are at best a yo-yo Premiership / Championship club.

Archie deserved to the end of next season to see if he could get us back up.

14 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

I'd prefer to have a young man manage the club who is Thistle through and through learning his trade and gaining his experience -

That's the thing though. How was he learning his trade? No mentor obviously at the club. Was he still attending coaching classes? A move will suit both parties as we will get a coach with their experience and new coaching methods and associated tactics whereas Archie gets to learn new experiences away from the safety blanket of Firhill. 

At the moment he had reached a glass ceiling short of being the manager to bring a cup to Firhill.

The time for the club and Alan   to go their separate ways is now at the very latest. Even the board have realised that.

Regardless of which league we end up in next season, there's no one I'd rather have at Firhill than Archibald.

If we're in the Championship again next season so what?

I'd prefer to have a young man manage the club who is Thistle through and through learning his trade and gaining his experience - rather than some snake who will jump to a 'bigger' club the very first chance he gets, or a berk from the miners country of Fife, or some ex-Old Firm t*sser who'd rather play golf and spout pish about his beloved Celtic than manage, or some ****** who just wants to play hoof-the-baw with journeymen duffers, etc etc etc etc and on and on and on.

I don't see how going down is a disaster. We are at best a yo-yo Premiership / Championship club.

So you would rather have Archie than any other manager regardless of ability?

It’s obvious that Archie loves the club but he would jump ship to a Hearts or Hibs if they came in for him just like any other manager would and like he did in his playing career.

Going down isn’t necessarily a “disaster” but it has the potential to be. Last time we were relegated from the top tier it did end up being a disaster and this season we look far more likely to go down again than go back up.

Archibald’s time at Thistle was up. It was obvious to everyone apart from you apparently.

7 minutes ago, Reid said:

So you would rather have Archie than any other manager regardless of ability?

It’s obvious that Archie loves the club but he would jump ship to a Hearts or Hibs if they came in for him just like any other manager would and like he did in his playing career.

Going down isn’t necessarily a “disaster” but it has the potential to be. Last time we were relegated from the top tier it did end up being a disaster and this season we look far more likely to go down again than go back up.

Archibald’s time at Thistle was up. It was obvious to everyone apart from you apparently.

This is the part where i ask "who do want to replace him?" then one of two things happen 1. Posters get upset for having to think about alternatives. 2. Danny Lennon, Ian McCall and maybe Jimmy Calderwood get mentioned.

You should have some balls. Don't be like all thise other fickle ****wits around Scotland. We should have stuck with our manager.

Appointing the wrong man would not be an excuse to not punish failure. The "who do we get instead then?" question is utterly irrelevant every single time it's asked. If a manager isn't doing the job asked, then they deserve to go, regardless of who the replacement might be.

27 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Based on what? The scintillating results this season and last? The scintillating performances this season and last? The top class signings he made this season and last?

How many games have you actually watched in the last 18 months and thought they were good? Because his season, QOS aside, the football has been dreadful and there have been no signs of it getting better.

2 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Based on what? The scintillating results this season and last? The scintillating performances this season and last? The top class signings he made this season and last?

How many games have you actually watched in the last 18 months and thought they were good? Because his season, QOS aside, the football has been dreadful and there have been no signs of it getting better.

"Based on What?" Mutual respect that's what?

Why should I respect respect someone who wants a person sacked from their job less than a quarter into a season? Without having suggested a suitable replacement or even hinted who that might be?

It's simple. Archie should have been given until the end of the season or until he decided that he couldn't turn it around. You should have been proper Thistle supporters and backed him. If it didn't work out, at least you would feel like you gave him a chance. You are no different to the baying morons that litter Scottish football.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Partick Thistle thread for this pish.

You're ruining the fun for fans from other teams suggesting absolute jobbers to take over and watching the reactions.

Damn right. Let's get back to business.

hampdenafc-gallery-1232784.jpg

This is the part where i ask "who do want to replace him?" then one of two things happen 1. Posters get upset for having to think about alternatives. 2. Danny Lennon, Ian McCall and maybe Jimmy Calderwood get mentioned.

You should have some balls. Don't be like all thise other fickle ****wits around Scotland. We should have stuck with our manager.

McCall or Caldwell would be my preference but both are unlikely. Not against the idea of McIntyre either. Just because the choice of obvious candidate isn’t high quality doesn’t mean Archibald should stay. Our dreadful performances over the past 18 months meant his time was up.

We did stick with our manager and show loyalty to him and it got us relegated.

Give it up.

"Based on What?" Mutual respect that's what?

Why should I respect respect someone who wants a person sacked from their job less than a quarter into a season? Without having suggested a suitable replacement or even hinted who that might be?

It's simple. Archie should have been given until the end of the season or until he decided that he couldn't turn it around. You should have been proper Thistle supporters and backed him. If it didn't work out, at least you would feel like you gave him a chance. You are no different to the baying morons that litter Scottish football.

Archibald has, for well over a year now, failed to meet his targets. In literally any line of work that would merit action, especially one as cut throat as football. There has been nothing to suggest he can salvage this, and the same failures on his part that have been prevalent through his tenure exist today.

Your “I’m a better fan than you” shtick is laughable as well. As far as I’m concerned, a proper Thistle supporter would place what’s best for the club above what’s best for a particular employee. You, clearly, don’t.