Pyramid 2019/2020

Hopefully the ERJFA in at tier 6 is bs. Theres 0 reason (besides 'mon eh juniors' gradism pish) for it when a league covering the area already exists & is established within the pyramid.

I sound like a broken record over this point but if it goes ahead it makes a farce of the pyramid.

18 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Hopefully the ERJFA in at tier 6 is bs. Theres 0 reason (besides 'mon eh juniors' gradism pish) for it when a league covering the area already exists & is established within the pyramid.

I sound like a broken record over this point but if it goes ahead it makes a farce of the pyramid.

I think it *can* go in, albeit somewhat incongrously, but only if the Highland / Lowland issue is resolved. We seem intent on mirroring what they do down south and they had an overlap in the South East at tier 7 for a few dacades.

Edited by cmontheloknow

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

This has just bobbed up..

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/draft-proposal-to-create-fifth-tier-league-three/

TLDR?

League 3: 4 Lowland; 4 Highland; 4 Colts. Under SPFL control.

Some sense in there for me. It's never going to be 100% but covers a lot of bases overall.

No solution required for Tayside we are all members of the ERJFA and as such we enter the pryamid at Tier 6 along with the WRJFA from season 2019-20 ...Maybe the EoS clubs should ask their board about the outcome of the PWG meeting on Wednesday past. Very interesting meeting and I can understand why they are not breaking the news to their member clubs.
That would be a reasonable point if it were only Tayside clubs in the ERSJFA. But it's not, so it isn't.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/draft-proposal-to-create-fifth-tier-league-three/
TLDR?
Get that right in the fucking sea.

If there's one thing that unites Scottish football fans it's that, with a couple of minor exceptions, Colt teams don't belong in senior competitions.

35 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

TLDR?

After the aborted attempt to trial the Old Firm B teams in SPFL League Two it's not surprising the idea of League Three has come up again.

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

I used to think that, but I’m not convinced that all the clubs do because if they did there would already be an all in non league senior cup.

How many teams are we talking 200? 8 rounds? With a lot of teams who don’t have floodlights sounds logistically impossible unless you make it the fixture priority which it clearly isn’t in the seniors.

Play games to a finish on one fixture date with penalties, have an element of seeding with tier 5 and 6 clubs coming in later and completely avoid December to Februray and it's feasible.

Some sense in there for me. It's never going to be 100% but covers a lot of bases overall.

What bases???

Colt teams- load of shite that benefits virtually nobody.

With quite a few accusations that (some) HL sides don't want to play in league 2 the chances that they will want to play national football in a lower tier, with presumably lower prize money(a point not addressed in the article) and against teams of kids is never going to be high.

Possibly a couple of LL sides would go for it, but massively dependent on terms.

Kinda helps a few League 2 sides but they will absolutely despise any proposition that means colt sides can get promoted(apart from Cowden cowboy).

Thankfully every time this issue comes up the majority stand strong and it quickly gets binned.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Play games to a finish on one fixture date with penalties, have an element of seeding with tier 5 and 6 clubs coming in later and completely avoid December to Februray and it's feasible.

Certainly seems doable to me.

August - 256 max (currently 226 across non-league Pyramid, SJFA, NCL & Glasgow University)

September - 128

October - 64

November - 32

February - 16

March - 8 

April - 4

May - 2

4 hours ago, kefc said:

Maybe the EOS clubs and the clubs who were brave enough to move to the EOS from the SJFA should be applauded for their role in getting all Junior clubs into the pyramid thus changing the whole landscape of non league football in Scotland for the better. All done in a matter of 16 months or so, this would have dragged on for years and years had those clubs in the East decided to stay in a setup going nowhere, with a lack of leadership and no vision for the future.

Itl probably lead to a non league national cup competition too which would be a magnificent tournament for the clubs.

Well done to to all East Of Scotland and Lowland League clubs and the people who run these leagues for being so brave and having the foresight that led to these changes that will no doubt be for the better. Pity TJ and his men didnt have the same bravery and foresight to engage years ago.

This process has been a bit unfair on the Tayside clubs due to logistics tbf, hopefully this can be sorted as to where they go if promoted wether its LL or HL.

If a Tayside club win's the play offs they will go to the LL.......All done and dusted. 

42 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

If a Tayside club win's the play offs they will go to the LL.......All done and dusted. 

And if a Tayside team (i.e. Montrose, Brechin, Arbroath, Forfar) is relegated out of the SPFL L2, into which division will they fall? Current answer is Highland so unless you know something we don't...

Any idea needs a 'worst case scenario' stress test - Arbroath Vics in the Lowland league but Arbroath FC in the Highland? Really?

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

What bases???

Colt teams- load of shite that benefits virtually nobody.

With quite a few accusations that (some) HL sides don't want to play in league 2 the chances that they will want to play national football in a lower tier, with presumably lower prize money(a point not addressed in the article) and against teams of kids is never going to be high.

Possibly a couple of LL sides would go for it, but massively dependent on terms.

Kinda helps a few League 2 sides but they will absolutely despise any proposition that means colt sides can get promoted(apart from Cowden cowboy).

Thankfully every time this issue comes up the majority stand strong and it quickly gets binned.

Agreed that the majority are against colt teams but like it or not they are on the table and don't seem to be going away.  My point was this seems to cover a lot of different angles and is clearly trying to find a middle ground between several views of what the best route is - for me that's not a totally unsensible approach although I think we just need to open the LG2/LL/HL door more and they will sort out the natural order themselves through promotion & relegation.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

And if a Tayside team (i.e. Montrose, Brechin, Arbroath, Forfar) is relegated out of the SPFL L2, into which division will they fall? Current answer is Highland so unless you know something we don't...

Any idea needs a 'worst case scenario' stress test - Arbroath Vics in the Lowland league but Arbroath FC in the Highland? Really?

Not any longer, they will go to the LL