Pyramid 2019/2020

I appreciate to many the principal is about "finding your level"  and for some tier 6 may be that level as referenced by Craigkillie.  My belief is entering the Pyramid is about ultimately wanting to reach the top - without that ambition, I don't think I would ever be happy at just surviving. 

Joining the EoS I 'm sure we entered with the hope we would be challenging for every trophy - not worked out that way so far - but the ambition to do so was and will always be just that. 

Personally I  felt that the EoS went for quantity over quality and didn't use the opportunity presented to set-up a the perfect example of how a working Pyramid should be.  That and the SFA should be at the forefront of change not hiding behind Pyramid Working Groups and Associations.

26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I appreciate to many the principal is about "finding your level"  and for some tier 6 may be that level as referenced by Craigkillie.  My belief is entering the Pyramid is about ultimately wanting to reach the top - without that ambition, I don't think I would ever be happy at just surviving. 

Joining the EoS I 'm sure we entered with the hope we would be challenging for every trophy - not worked out that way so far - but the ambition to do so was and will always be just that. 

Personally I  felt that the EoS went for quantity over quality and didn't use the opportunity presented to set-up a the perfect example of how a working Pyramid should be.  That and the SFA should be at the forefront of change not hiding behind Pyramid Working Groups and Associations.

It was a quick fix but it needed to happen 

52 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The EoS accepted new members, end of story. 

They are not there to be some form of demonstration of how a Pyramid should work, although the amount of new members who are now going for an SFA Licence perhaps shows they are doing just that.   Let's also be frank here, if they weren't so accomodating to "quantity" your club would be traipsing up and down the M9 for fixtures, and I know the guys running your club are grateful for that.

As for the SFA, as the Maxwell email shows, we don't want people with little understanding of the non-league game trying to enforce what a future Pyramid will look like.

On 01/11/2018 at 23:11, Burnie_man said:

That was their preferred option.   Remember that TJ's mandate is to keep the Junior game intact and in the Pyramid, he'll do whatever is neccesary to achieve that as he doesn't have a mandate for anything else, so when the EoS refuse to accept the ERJFA into the Pyramid, TJ in theory can't agree a deal and sacrifice the East to make progress, he would probably need another EGM of members.

So we're back to two scenarios.  1) No progress without consensus amongst all PWG members, that is unlikely unless TJ agrees to compromise in the East which may not be in his power to do so and 2) The SFA run roughshod over the EoS in favour of TJ and the SJFA, which is unlikely.

TJ should now step back from the discussions, surely the Juniors should now be represented by members of the committee from the East and West leagues?

4 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

TJ should now step back from the discussions, surely the Juniors should now be represented by members of the committee from the East and West leagues?

I think there's a good case for that given the way the discussions could be headed. The West and East Regions have different issues to deal with, and as has been discussed for long enough on here, a one size fits all solution just isn't possible for Junior clubs.

That said, it would be an admission that the SJFA is on it's last legs and TJ wont stand for that.

4 hours ago, Daydreamer said:

The quicker entrance to the Scottish Cup for junior teams is removed the better. Junior clubs want the best of both worlds.

One of the laziest and emptiest arguments that could be put forward. It ignores everything about the current rate of change and the existing league set-ups.

The EoS accepted new members, end of story. 
They are not there to be some form of demonstration of how a Pyramid should work, although the amount of new members who are now going for an SFA Licence perhaps shows they are doing just that.   Let's also be frank here, if they weren't so accomodating to "quantity" your club would be traipsing up and down the M9 for fixtures, and I know the guys running your club are grateful for that.
As for the SFA, as the Maxwell email shows, we don't want people with little understanding of the non-league game trying to enforce what a future Pyramid will look like.
My opinions are my own not Linlithgow Rose. So don't see the relevance of the reference.

But unlike some clubs our decision was taken by the members. Not behind closed doors influenced by people 'outside' the room with their own personal agendas.

Quite clearly you have difficulty accepting people have differing opinions to you. Hence your 000's of lecturing posts.

I will continue to hold my view that quality over quantity was the best approach for the EoS and that change should have been led by the SFA to avoid what is still an unknown future.

My opinions are my own not Linlithgow Rose. So don't see the relevance of the reference.

But unlike some clubs our decision was taken by the members. Not behind closed doors influenced by people 'outside' the room with their own personal agendas.

Quite clearly you have difficulty accepting people have differing opinions to you. Hence your 000's of lecturing posts.

I will continue to hold my view that quality over quantity was the best approach for the EoS and that change should have been led by the SFA to avoid what is still an unknown future.

Your decision was late, if the EoS had played it by the book you would still be Junior.

So rather than harp on at the EoS about what they should or should not have done, which is frankly absurd, be grateful that they were so accomodating, and just move on.

In years to come you will thank them for accepting any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

Your decision was late, if the EoS had played it by the book you would still be Junior.

So rather than harp on at the EoS about what they should or should not have done, which is frankly absurd, be grateful that they were so accomodating, and just move on.

In years to come you will thank them for accepting any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

I'm voicing my opinion on an open forum not at the EoS.

That was the EoS decision not ours. So again hardly the fault of Linlithgow.

Saying that the EoS went for quantity over quality is unfair. The point is that the pyramid is for clubs at all levels. The likes of Eyemouth and Tweedmouth have just as much right to be in there at their place than the likes of Hearts and Hibs. Having clubs moving over en masse was always going to cause issues. An argument could be made for only accepting stronger clubs first and then let weaker juniors join at the bottom a season later. However, it's in my opinion far better to have 1 messy season and then move to a proper tiered structure in which all clubs play at the right level for them. For clubs like Linlithgow, it will only be one year playing against some of the weaker clubs, they will be EOS Premier (or LL) next season.

And saying the pyramid is about reaching the top is wide off the mark. The pyramid is about playing football at your level. If it's only about reaching the top level than really only the 20 or so full-time SPFL sides have a reason of being in the pyramid as they are the only sides realistically capable of playing in the Premiership.

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, Marten said:

However, it's in my opinion far better to have 1 messy season and then move to a proper tiered structure in which all clubs play at the right level for them. For clubs like Linlithgow, it will only be one year playing against some of the weaker clubs, they will be EOS Premier (or LL) next season.

Catch 22 innit? A lot of junior fans against the pyramid get upset when clubs apply for a place in a division and are given it regardless of sporting merit but then complain about the EoS doing this conference thingmabob in order to place them in leagues on their quality on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

With the number of East Juniors wanting to move over last season the options were limited . The 3 conferences was IMO the best option for most of the clubs to find their level quickly.

Nah. Best option was every club in one huge league playing each other once. Shitebags

18 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Would've worked. Woulda been awesome. EoS shat it.

The easier solution was let the 3 conferences all play 12 games (each team in their conference once) then split into A & B instead of waiting til next season.   After 12 games the top 5 teams would already be well established beyond doubt.  The final games would then decide the champion without need for a play-off between 3 teams and as an added incentive winner of section B would be promoted and bottom of A relegated.

That would have ended after 12 games the amount of meaningless games being played.  A lot of people are already bored of watching meaningless one sided games.  

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

The easier solution was let the 3 conferences all play 12 games (each team in their conference once) then split into A & B instead of waiting til next season.   After 12 games the top 5 teams would already be well established beyond doubt.  The final games would then decide the champion without need for a play-off between 3 teams and as an added incentive winner of section B would be promoted and bottom of A relegated.

That would have ended after 12 games the amount of meaningless games being played.  A lot of people are already bored of watching meaningless one sided games.  

Sounds like you wanted to stay junior. U can go back and start at the bottom neXT season