Pyramid 2019/2020

22 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Personally I just hope that whoever wins the EoS is licensed and able to go up. Right now it's clear a significant number of EoS teams are better than much of the LL.

At the current rate of one potential promotion place, it's going to take years to balance things out. That's before even considering any west juniors joining the Pyramid.

Ideally two up two down for licensed teams should be part of the current PWG discussions. Anyone know if this is the case?

The rumours around playoffs from the junior side of things has been a fixed playoff:

• Playoff Semi final: West Premiership vs. East Super League
  • Playoff Semi final: EoS vs. SoS
  • Final: Junior vs. Senior

I don't think that would work as it gives a potential bye if there's one unlicensed champion.

And going by the minutes there's going to be some sort of playoff. So it seems like there will only be one promotion spot initially. Which suits the SJFA as they only risk losing one club a season from their membership.

Which is probably why the Lowland League are looking at LL2. They can increase in size and influence, and allow for more promotion/relegation between Tier 5 & 6.

21 hours ago, Robert James said:

Looking at the current SoSL table, only Stranraer Reserves or Bonnyton can realistically be champions this season.

Stranraer Reserves are not eligible for promotion .  However Bonnyton could be, if they have submitted a licensing application, and win the league.  Another reason why it is important to know the outcome of the licensing applications asap.

Having no cover sinks that immediately, no?

The rumours around playoffs from the junior side of things has been a fixed playoff:
  • Playoff Semi final: West Premiership vs. East Super League
  • Playoff Semi final: EoS vs. SoS
  • Final: Junior vs. Senior
I don't think that would work as it gives a potential bye if there's one unlicensed champion.
And going by the minutes there's going to be some sort of playoff. So it seems like there will only be one promotion spot initially. Which suits the SJFA as they only risk losing one club a season from their membership.
Which is probably why the Lowland League are looking at LL2. They can increase in size and influence, and allow for more promotion/relegation between Tier 5 & 6.

Awful idea for a playoff setup as it fails at integration instead leaving 'seniors' & 'juniors' in their own worlds (reinforced by the likely hood of sjfa clubs playing in junior cup & the rest in the South Challenge Cup). As you said not a suprise as it allows TJ minimal loss over his fifedom.

I'd personally do the draw fully random each time.

Awful idea for a playoff setup as it fails at integration instead leaving 'seniors' & 'juniors' in their own worlds (reinforced by the likely hood of sjfa clubs playing in junior cup & the rest in the South Challenge Cup). As you said not a suprise as it allows TJ minimal loss over his fifedom.

The junior vs senior proposal is a fucking joke. One overall winner from the east vs overall winner from south and west.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I agree with a random draw.

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The junior vs senior proposal is a fucking joke. One overall winner from the east vs overall winner from south and west.

I don't think you're going to see two promotion spots until there's  a real restructuring of Tier 6 (aka LL2).

42 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There wont be any play-off involving the Juniors unless there is agreement of course.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There wont be any play-off involving the Juniors unless there is agreement of course.

I was reminded by talking about LL2, that it was never once mentioned during the November or January PWG meetings. The LL2 Working Group was made public in October:

Its strange how the EoS is painted as the only trouble spot. Yet the Lowland League are publicly looking to set up a second divison and are enforcing the existing HL/LL boundary.

Theres been one or two Fife junior clubs talking aboot moving
This is interesting as the radio interview with Preston manager only went into specifics of west lothian as a location as a source of applicants.

Have you heard any specific clubs named or not?

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

This is interesting as the radio interview with Preston manager only went into specifics of west lothian as a location as a source of applicants.

Naw just that a couple of clubs have asked for details theyve not applied yet

6 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-colts-plan-booted-14044279

link for those curious.

That survey though on the page with 70% in favour. Yikes

Thank feck they don't have a vote in the matter :)

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

I'll throw out Oakley United. They'd probably prefer their traditional rivals over the likes of Inverkeithing & Burntisland.

17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-colts-plan-booted-14044279

link for those curious.

That survey though on the page with 70% in favour. Yikes

Hardly surprising. Who reads the rag, apart from Sevco supporters?