Pyramid 2019/2020

17 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Clubs joined the pyramid with ambitions to gain access to SPFL2 now they face another hurdle. The system is being engineered to protect the existing SPFL clubs and comply with EUFA rules regarding pyramid systems

I'm pretty sure we didn't it was to get to lowland l3ague and Scottish cup with possibility ofor that. Even if that does happen which I doubt it will it doesn't make me change my mind of being better in pyramid than stayimg juniors. There is no justification for staying juniorr

Clubs joined the pyramid with ambitions to gain access to SPFL2 now they face another hurdle. The system is being engineered to protect the existing SPFL clubs and comply with EUFA rules regarding pyramid systems
What UEFA rules? The only rule I know of is top flights requiring a minimum of 8 teams. I know nothing nor have have heard of rules regarding a pyramid. If that was the case Ireland & The Netherlands would've been in bother by now.

48 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Clubs joined the pyramid with ambitions to gain access to SPFL2 now they face another hurdle.

No we didn't, there's a whole host of reasons as to why we joined but it wasn't specifically to get to the SPFL.  In the very unlikely event it happens then great, if not then no loss.  It's good though that there's a chance, however slight, that we can. No glass ceiling.    I'm sure that's the case for 90% of clubs who moved last season.

That said, SPFL3 is bonkers, will they even find 4 HL clubs willing to enter?  Will Fraserburgh want to give up the HL for Motherwell Colts or BSC Glasgow away?  If it happens I can see 4 Colt Teams, 7 LL teams and maybe a Cove Rangers.

22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

No we didn't, there's a whole host of reasons as to why we joined but it wasn't specifically to get to the SPFL.  In the very unlikely event it happens then great, if not then no loss.  It's good though that there's a chance, however slight, that we can. No glass ceiling.    I'm sure that's the case for 90% of clubs who moved last season.

That said, SPFL3 is bonkers, will they even find 4 HL clubs willing to enter?  Will Fraserburgh want to give up the HL for Motherwell Colts or BSC Glasgow away?  If it happens I can see 4 Colt Teams, 7 LL teams and maybe a Cove Rangers.

Formartine Utd and Loco's are mad keen on moving up burnie.

As you rightly say dont think the Broch are so keen,last i heard Brora were more keen than in the past.

The impending opening of the AWPR makes it a hell of a lot easier for the Aberdeenshire clubs to be involved with the pyramid.

I agree the SPFL3 is insane, clubs joined the pyramid in good faith believing they would enter at least into tier 6, now two new leagues are being proposed the SPFL3 and LL2. The introduction of these leagues would result in all teams in the pyramid below LL being relegated 2 tiers overnight and at best be tier 8 it’s a disgrace. Why were clubs not informed of this agenda by the SFA?

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I wonder if there's someone in Aberdeen giving it £15 a ticket and a cold Tuesday night in gretna

I agree the SPFL3 is insane, clubs joined the pyramid in good faith believing they would enter at least into tier 6, now two new leagues are being proposed the SPFL3 and LL2. The introduction of these leagues would result in all teams in the pyramid below LL being relegated 2 tiers overnight and at best be tier 8 it’s a disgrace. Why were clubs not informed of this agenda by the SFA?
The SPFL3 is still at the proposal stage and has a bunch to overcome. Further the idea isn't that of the SFA but another party whoever that is. I of course agree the whole thing is a shite idea and an attempt to shoehorn in colts/reserves (again).

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

...now two new leagues are being proposed the SPFL3 and LL2. The introduction of these leagues would result in all teams in the pyramid below LL being relegated 2 tiers overnight and at best be tier 8 it’s a disgrace...

LL2 looks more like a way for the LL to take over control of tier 6 than a way to bump the clubs that are in it down a tier.

45 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

SPL3 would become tier 5 LL would be tier 6 LL2 would be tier7 all others would be tier 8 or higher

They're seperate proposals indepedent of each other. There's nothing to suggest that LL2 would happen if SPFL3 occurs.

EDIT: Don't think they even count as proposals at the moment since there's nothing set out other than vague ideas of what they could be.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, Vollyman said:

SPL3 would become tier 5 LL would be tier 6 LL2 would be tier7 all others would be tier 8 or higher

Where do you think the clubs would be coming from to populate those leagues?

If both happen, 4 clubs will move up from the LL to SPL3, which will mean some clubs move up from the EOS to fill those places, and a LL2 would likely include at least half a dozen more EOS clubs.

Where do you think the clubs would be coming from to populate those leagues?
If both happen, 4 clubs will move up from the LL to SPL3, which will mean some clubs move up from the EOS to fill those places, and a LL2 would likely include at least half a dozen more EOS clubs.

I agree however if these 2 leagues are introduced then EOS,SOS and the proposed West of Scotland ERSJFA would become tier 8

14 hours ago, Vollyman said:

So a club with ambition starting at the bottom of the present West Region of the Juniors would need to go on a 8 season winning streak just to play Cowdenbeath?

Best not mention Rangers couldn’t reach the top league in one go with 50,000 punters behind every home game. And that was from a much higher starting point in SFL2.

What tends to happen in continental countries is that a small club with few supporters several tiers up the pyramid gets taken over and is rebranded by the supporters of the larger club that just went bankrupt, or you have the English scenario where the phoenix club that is formed starts further up the pyramid where licensing related to enclosed grounds, hard standing and floodlights kicks in and isn't expected to start at the glorified pub league sort of level.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

So a club with ambition starting at the bottom of the present West Region of the Juniors would need to go on a 8 season winning streak just to play Cowdenbeath?

Best not mention Rangers couldn’t reach the top league in one go with 50,000 punters behind every home game. And that was from a much higher starting point in SFL2.

7 years in your fictional world = West League Two, West League One, West Championship, West Premiership, Lowland League 2, League League, SPFL3

5 years in the SJFA's plan = West League Two, West League One, West Championship, West Premiership, Lowland League

Any SPFL club that goes bust is probably going to get the opportunity to apply for the vacancy created in the 42 club membership. So Rangers would just be handwaved back in like they were before.

4 hours ago, Vollyman said:

I agree however if these 2 leagues are introduced then EOS,SOS and the proposed West of Scotland ERSJFA would become tier 8

As it stands, any current ERJFA club moving to the EoS next season will join at tier 7.

17 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Why would a top ERJFA club do that when they are in at tier 6 as it is!

Even if the the SJFA at Tier 6 alongside EoS/SoS does come to pass that really only benefits the bigger clubs in the East Region. Some of the Premier South clubs in particular might find it more attractive to move across to the EoS since it could mean more local games for them.

Snapshot of South Fife and surrounding Edinbrugh/Lothian area. Purple's EoS, Red Tags are Super League and Red diamonds are Premier South.

image.thumb.png.bf54c05b55b845e93bd33f99e60c30a4.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan