Pyramid 2019/2020

Sorry if this has already been noted on this site somewhere, but I certainly haven't seen it...

On the East RegionJunior site home page there is:

"The East Region of the SJFA is looking to build on a successful and competitive system, as we become part of the SFA Pyramid (Tier 6) and are inviting new clubs to join us for the 2019/20 season".

???!!!

Just now, Edinburgh Hatter said:

Sorry if this has already been noted on this site somewhere, but I certainly haven't seen it...

On the East RegionJunior site home page there is:

"The East Region of the SJFA is looking to build on a successful and competitive system, as we become part of the SFA Pyramid (Tier 6) and are inviting new clubs to join us for the 2019/20 season".

???!!!

Been debated to death. What we dont understand is surely if you join you join at the bottom which would surely be tier 7

On 19/12/2018 at 15:45, naebor said:

IMG_0851.jpg
Seen this today not been on the feed for a while but interesting to say the least

As the saying goes, they're writing cheques that they can't currently cash.

Edited by Burnie_man

As the saying goes, they're writing cheques that they can't currently cash.
But if they can - will some teams in the bottom half gamble and return from EoS?

The other scenario is the new Bo'ness Juniors jumping from amateur to tier 6. Bypassing existing clubs who would already in effect be tier 7 next season .

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

But if they can - will some teams in the bottom half gamble and return from EoS?

The other scenario is the new Bo'ness Juniors jumping from amateur to tier 6. Bypassing existing clubs who would already in effect be tier 7 next season .

As has been explained, you join at the bottom so therefore anyone joining ERJFA would be at tier 7.

I doubt too many clubs are wanting to return, particularly at the moment when there is no agreement with ERJFA will be in the Pyramid to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Why would the 24 other clubs in Premier League North and South accept a team from the amateurs ahead of them?

Why would the 24 other clubs in Premier League North and South accept a team from the amateurs ahead of them?
It only references Tier 6 - possibly they will do similar to the EoS this season.

There is no other suggestion that new applicants won't be playing at anything other than Tier 6 in my reading of their advert.

Just now, Auld Heid said:

It only references Tier 6 - possibly they will do similar to the EoS this season.

There is no other suggestion that new applicants won't be playing at anything other than Tier 6 in my reading of their advert.

I take the advert as a quick update from their original one due to the criticism it received. Stating that they would be joining the SFA Pyramid was good enough, there was absolutely no need for them to include a term like Tier 6 except to rub it in to the likes of @Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The advert says "The East Region of the SJFA... as we become part of the SFA pyramid (tier 6)" - that surely means the ERSJFA system will begin at tier 6. It doesn't say if you join the ERSJFA you will play at tier 6 - because why the hell would you split 36 current clubs into a conference system just to put new clubs into tier 6?

The EOS went from 13 to 39 so it made sense to run conferences, the ERSJFA going from 36 to say 40 only requires them to increase the Superleague to 14/16 then add the new clubs to the regional divisions.

The advert says "The East Region of the SJFA... as we become part of the SFA pyramid (tier 6)" - that surely means the ERSJFA system will begin at tier 6. It doesn't say if you join the ERSJFA you will play at tier 6 - because why the hell would you split 36 current clubs into a conference system just to put new clubs into tier 6?
The EOS went from 13 to 39 so it made sense to run conferences, the ERSJFA going from 36 to say 40 only requires them to increase the Superleague to 14/16 then add the new clubs to the regional divisions.
That & I dont forsee a club like Coupar Angus desiring trips to West Lothian or Livingston United with trips to Tayside in a temporary conference setup.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I take the advert as a quick update from their original one due to the criticism it received. Stating that they would be joining the SFA Pyramid was good enough, there was absolutely no need for them to include a term like Tier 6 except to rub it in to the likes of @Burnie_man

LOL, it was probably done to put doubt into the minds of those thinking of leaving, muddy the waters.

All I can keep repeating is that there is no such agreement.  There might be in future, you never know, but there isn't one as it stands.  All member leagues of the Pyramid need to agree to changes and there isn't a cat in hells chance of the EoS agreeing to another league on their patch.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

LOL, it was probably done to put doubt into the minds of those thinking of leaving, muddy the waters.

All I can keep repeating is that there is no such agreement.  There might be in future, you never know, but there isn't one as it stands.  All member leagues of the Pyramid need to agree to changes and there isn't a cat in hells chance of the EoS agreeing to another league on their patch.

That's my take as well, calling dibs to claim the spot. A bit like the SJFA sending out Ian Maxwell's email to all their members knowing things were still being ironed out.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You state as fact that all member leagues have to agree.

Is that 100% fact or just wishful thinking on your part?

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's my take as well, calling dibs to claim the spot. A bit like the SJFA sending out Ian Maxwell's email to all their members knowing things were still being ironed out.

Pretty much.  I dare say the Maxwell/SFA would like nothing more than just to drop the Junior Superleagues in at tier 6, claim success, and walk away and focus on - to them - more important things.  I have no doubt that is their aim.

Problem is,  the SFA can't just implement this against the wishes of consituent parts of the Pyramid set-up, at the very least the leagues below the LL need to agree on play-off formats, I doubt the EoS would agree to one that includes ERJFA, and the LL may not be too chuffed at the prospect of clubs from Dundee or Forfar.

3 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

You state as fact that all member leagues have to agree.

Is that 100% fact or just wishful thinking on your part?

It's fact.  I'm going to assume there's a whole host of rules surrounding promotion / relegation / play-offs between SPFL / LL / EoS / SoS.   If that needs to be changed, which it will do if WRJFA and ERJFA want access, then the leagues involved need to agree to it.

Edited by Burnie_man