Pyramid 2019/2020

Burnie I believe it is because this is a new "sub group" and not the historical "pwg"
That explains why the North Juniors are never mentioned.
It is feasible that a "North Sub Group" is in existence but maybe never met ?
Remember who said the North Juniors were not interested ?
No paper evidence to support that.
Quite possibly I suppose, but the word is that the NRJFA are happy as they are (although that doesn't explain why most of them voted for the Pyramid at the SJFA AGM), and the HL aren't pushing it.

I also recall other posters ITK saying the same about the NRJFA. In theory they could be like the NCL ie governed by SFA rules but not part of the pyramid (at least initially). I'd guess a north solution isn't going to be in place for 19/20.

Again Burnie the 1st paragraph in the November meeting is crucial. It also clarifies this is a new group. In a nutshell it ratifies everything in his leaked email. It is truly astonishing the EOS do not react officially at this point in time.

Ian Maxwell welcomes everyone to the first sub-group meeting of the Pyramid Working Group. Ian confirmed that the pyramid working group had previously discussed the structure and agreed the implementation of the proposed changes for season 2019/20

Edited by superbigal

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I also recall other posters ITK saying the same about the NRJFA. In theory they could be like the NCL ie governed by SFA rules but not part of the pyramid (at least initially). I'd guess a north solution isn't going to be in place for 19/20.

It doesnt look like their is going to be for the rest either. Possibly the West. But I'd be surprised if anything goes through if it does and ERSJFA get in at tier 6, Maxwell should be shot

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Again Burnie the 1st paragraph in the November meeting is crucial. It also clarifies this is a new group. In a nutshell it ratifies everything in his leaked email. It is truly astonishing the EOS do not react at this point in time.

Ian Maxwell welcomes everyone to the first sub-group meeting of the Pyramid Working Group. Ian confirmed that the pyramid working group had previously discussed the structure and agreed the implementation of the proposed changes for season 2019/20

Again it seems like they were trying to railroad it through. Either way they are still not in the pyramid

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Again it seems like they were trying to railroad it through. Either way they are still not in the pyramid

I do not disagree I am only presenting the minutes.

Regarding the apparent ignorance of one EOS official, he apparently still had visions of  a West League and a Tayside league being accepted. No  ojection ever btw to the Tayside winners potentially moving to the LL.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Another point is that The EOSFL always keep wanting to refer it back to their board etc so its also that they weren't prepared to comment until they had spoke to their members and the general feeling is their is strong oposition to the ejsjfa getting in

But the EOS did not object to the Tayside teams getting in.  It is in their own minutes as Burnie can confirm.

They clearly wanted the Fife and Lothian Juniors into their fold.

Edited by superbigal

I do not disagree I am only presenting the minutes.

Regarding the apparent ignorance of one EOS official, he apparently still had visions of  a West League and a Tayside league being accepted. No  ojection ever btw to the Tayside winners potentially moving to the LL.

That could be the wording of the minutes or if that was missed though or interpretation. Either way Juniors aren't in and nor should ersjfa be in it.

But the EOS did not object to the Tayside members getting in.  It is in their own minutes as Burnie can confirm.

Yes we know that already. I dont have a problem if its Tayside and they feed into the Highland League in line with the rules. But as I've said numerous times if erjsfa get in the pyramid i will not be setting foot in any of their grounds. WRSJFA fair enough

The SFA will create an unholy stooshie if they try and push it through, but I'm no sure the EoS can afford the lawyers for CAS!

The image though of the nuances & complexities of Scottish non-league football being explained to some wigs in Lausanne, Switzerland is amusing.

But the EOS did not object to the Tayside teams getting in.  It is in their own minutes as Burnie can confirm.
They clearly wanted the Fife and Lothian Juniors into their fold.
The EoS always point out that Tayside clubs or leagues would need to be aligned to the HL. The LL advert for applicants point out the dividing line, so they clearly understand that the line hasn't changed and they cant accept HL area clubs.

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Again Burnie the 1st paragraph in the November meeting is crucial. It also clarifies this is a new group. In a nutshell it ratifies everything in his leaked email. It is truly astonishing the EOS do not react officially at this point in time.

Without knowing who was in attendance in November or the following points it's difficult to know what the EoS were thinking at the time. The may have had the impression that the Tayside and West leagues were being set up.

I think there has been misunderstandings over what was being proposed, and I very much include Maxwell in that given his lack of understanding of the non league scene.

EoS clearly think they are agreeing to Tayside only, this has been taken as the whole ERJFA by others. The EoS were well aware when clubs moved to the EoS last year that they would not entertain the ERJFA entering as a rival league. So its been talked about in EoS circles for the last 9 or 10 months.

However, its now been clarified as per the Jan meeting.

If you read the January (Public) minutes carefully. JG does not  qualify Tayside being above the Tay as a problem. He objects to the Juniors that are in his territory.

Tom Johnston's response is interesting as he says he does not want to tell his Tayside teams to join the EOS to progress.

That kind of indicates the EOS are happy to accept all of the East Region.

Or more likely too many old fuds in one room not listening to each other.

Edited by superbigal

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think there has been misunderstandings over what was being proposed, and I very much include Maxwell in that given his lack of understanding of the non league scene.

EoS clearly think they are agreeing to Tayside only, this has been taken as the whole ERJFA by others. The EoS were well aware when clubs moved to the EoS last year that they would not entertain the ERJFA entering as a rival league. So its been talked about in EoS circles for the last 9 or 10 months.

However, its now been clarified as per the Jan meeting.

Clarified well 50/50.    JG clarified.   Ie shot AR down, who still seemed to be in cuckoo land.

Also why not November. Worse negotiations than the Tories.

Edited by superbigal