SCOTTISH CUP - Peterhead v Kelty

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

Topping 5000 miles this season coming up for this so hoping for a win at least. I’d even take a humiliating loss if it helped the Blue Toon gain outright promotion this season ! With Ryan Dow unavailable due to loan restrictions will it be a straight 4-4-2 with Rory and Del given the chances or will the Gaffer go 4-3-3 adding Rusty to the scoring options ?

If the back 4 stay solid and Scotty does the harrying in midfield it will leave Wullie and Si to provide the ammunition maybe even pitching in with a goal themselves.

As for Kelty I know nothing about them but hope their journey is a safe but ultimately fruitless one.

Have watched highlights of a couple of their recent games & they look as if they take no prisoners. We need to avoid losing our discipline & stick to playing the game. Its one of those that we will at best be in the draw for the next round & we can get back to the league next week. Sure Kelty will make it as hard as possible we need keep on top of them.

Guest TOPFITTER

More nervy than I expected, for me a draw wouldn’t have been too far off a fair result. Peterhead good start and goal and then Kelty scored and looked more up for it. More experience and a wee bit fitter probably made the difference for the win. Great leap by Del for the 3rd.

Agree with previous comments Kelty  did themselves more justice than us. Dream start then had to watch Kelty knock the ball about in decent style, we did improve in the 2nd half & have earned the dubious task of taking on Morton in the next round. It will be roles reversed then as we will have nothing to lose. Back to today Kelty can certainly hold their heads up given their performance & as mentioned they took a good support with them all the best to them for the rest of the season.

Archived