Thistle v Ayr 27/10/18

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/10/2018 at 08:13, North Terrace Gazza said:

Thistle not any bigger than Ayr imo.

Don’t need to remind any Ayr fan more successful. This millennium you’ve finished above us once. When you finished in your current league position.

…but maybe long term  league position  isn’t a good guide to who is bigger. 

Thought it was generally agreed upon that any push to someone's face is a red card, but obviously Bobby Madden didn't get that particular memo and decided to stick with the classic 'Don't have a f***ing clue what happened, so let's just book some people'. Clown.

On 10/28/2018 at 02:00, Jeff Venom said:

Hilarious reading posts about Mark Kerr playing well being a sign of a bad team when he has basically never played below this leagues level (apart from winning League 1 last season) and is an absolute baller emoji23.png

Same as me.  I've never played at a level below Championship except the times I have, either. 

Just now, forameus said:

Was that the one over by the dugouts?  What happened there?  Hard to see from my seat.  

Aye, can't quite see whether Shankland had a hold of him or not in the seconds beforehand but there was definitely a push to the face afterwards. Not arsed now, just hate referees that think dishing out a booking to each party solves the issue, it's really just gutless shitebaggery.

Just now, AyrTroopMajor said:

Aye, can't quite see whether Shankland had a hold of him or not in the seconds beforehand but there was definitely a push to the face afterwards. Not arsed now, just hate referees that think dishing out a booking to each party solves the issue, it's really just gutless shitebaggery.

Indeed it is.  If you were to go back and look through at every player involved in handbags shoving matches, you could probably find a number of them committing things that would get them sent off in isolation.  Get them all to f**k and start acting like an authority on the pitch, otherwise you'll get players knowing they can take the piss.  Although I suppose the hilarious unpredictability of referees probably does that too.  Just as likely to get sent off for shaking hands than lamping someone sometimes.

54 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Thought it was generally agreed upon that any push to someone's face is a red card, but obviously Bobby Madden didn't get that particular memo and decided to stick with the classic 'Don't have a f***ing clue what happened, so let's just book some people'. Clown.

He obviously reviewed the incident in context and settled on a yellow for each - the correct decision.

Same as me.  I've never played at a level below Championship except the times I have, either. 
Poor wording aside on my part, solid to see the actual point being completely missed as people still scramble around how poor their team is as opposed to Ayr actually being good. Probably the same as with Livi last season.

Mark Kerr was, and still is, head and shoulders above all the English League 1 jobbers which are cluttering up the Championship and SPL nowadays. Anyone who thinks differently seriously needs their heads examined.

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

..........it's really just gutless shitebaggery.

Aye, and in the massive annuls of Refereeing Shitebaggery, Boabby Madden is making great strides towards the top.

An utter cockdocker who should be hunted oot the door pronto .

On 10/27/2018 at 22:16, wuffster said:

Would have taken a point well into the second half, still...

storeytime.gif.f2c3d43b8b34bd21fd5f2606bc9c48f2.gif

Couldn't believe he got man of the match. Wasn't even read out in the stadium but he came up to hospitality to accept his award. Horrific. 

2 minutes ago, DazzJag said:

Wasn't even read out in the stadium but he came up to hospitality to accept his award. 

It was announced as everyone was streaming out of the ground.

3 minutes ago, DazzJag said:

Couldn't believe he got man of the match. Wasn't even read out in the stadium but he came up to hospitality to accept his award. Horrific. 

It was read out in the stadium, but as has been the way recently, it's quietly mentioned in between talk of our next game as people are filing out.

I'm sure Mr and Mrs Storey's votes weighed heavy.

EDIT: Kind of on that subject, is not showing the added time at the end of the game a new thing, an SPFL thing, a Championship thing, or something else?  Never seems to be announced either anymore.

Archived