Businessman blocks sexual harassment story

ICTChris

46 minutes ago, printer said:

As long as that principle isn't the rule of law.

Peter Hain has always been a twat.

You may be correct, printer - I don't profess to know with certainty. I remember him as an effective anti-apartheid campaigner and believed him to be a fundamentally decent man. Give us your evidence to the contrary.

6 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Which is it? I always regarded Peter Hain as a principled man and think it likely that he has good reason for his action.

I seem to remember he had to resign over misappropriating donations to his depute leadership challenge/campaign in 2008.

I think he did the right thing in this case - why should these with money protect each other and simply and persistently break the law with impunity?

As mentioned previously the whole political/legal set up in this country utterly stinks.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

You may be correct, printer - I don't profess to know with certainty. I remember him as an effective anti-apartheid campaigner and believed him to be a fundamentally decent man. Give us your evidence to the contrary.
The general way he has behaved throughout his career since the early 1970s. I could be wrong as well, mate - but that's the way I see him.

His first well known anti-apartheid protest was throwing broken glass on a pitch when South Africa were playing a game in Wales.

A c**t of a protest even if it an anti-apartheid protest

I can vaguely remember him being a c**t over something, maybe the Iraq War, but can't find anything right now. Generally a good guy I would think. Ignoring the judges does sound like he's trying for a spot on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!" spot though.

24 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

His first well known anti-apartheid protest was throwing broken glass on a pitch when South Africa were playing a game in Wales.

A c**t of a protest even if it an anti-apartheid protest

I didn't know - or have forgotten (same thing really) - about this specific incident. Fact is, successive British governments did nothing and only direct action brought an end to apartheid.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I can vaguely remember him being a c**t over something, maybe the Iraq War, but can't find anything right now. Generally a good guy I would think. Ignoring the judges does sound like he's trying for a spot on "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!" spot though.

You may be correct, welshy, but I'm prepared to believe he's acting for the greater good, until there's evidence to the contrary.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The fact that this criminal is a sir tells you everything that's wrong with modern business and capitalism.

A good chance now he'll be stripped of his knighthood... which will be a bit like Dr Harold Shipman being struck off the medical register of practicing GP's by the GMC.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

While Green should be accountable if he's done anything illegal, I'm also uncomfortable with someone signing a NDA, pocketing the pay-off and then being prepared to spill the beans anyway (if that is indeed what has happened here).
Depends on how it was all arranged. I wouldn't be surprised if there was stick and carrot here - sign the NDA, get a pay off - if you don't . . .

10 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

While Green should be accountable if he's done anything illegal, I'm also uncomfortable with someone signing a NDA, pocketing the pay-off and then being prepared to spill the beans anyway (if that is indeed what has happened here).

What is the point of an NDA anyway? People can easily sign them then go straight to the press and sell their stories. If you are a big enough celeb to warrant getting people to sign an NDA then the public interest could probably be enough to stop any court action against you.