best gaming soundtrack ?

Herman Hessian

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard to look past Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 for great soundtracks, I spent hours listening to them as a kid.

Shoutout for Secret of Mana, too.

Always enjoyed the soundtrack to Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder on PS2

GTA in general, but cruising around listening to Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street would be peak GTA for me

Command & Conquer Red Alert has the single greatest gaming tune with Hellmarch

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time absolutely nailed the songs to suit the different worlds and situations

Finally, I can't speak for the console version, but GOAL! on the Gameboy had a great soundtrack

On 30/10/2018 at 07:41, mishtergrolsch said:

Wipeout 2097.

Firestarter by The Prodigy.

Cool as f**k.

On 30/10/2018 at 07:59, Bert Raccoon said:

GTA Vice City for me, doing a drive by with Flock Of Seagulls playing on the radio is hugely enjoyable.

I came in to give these answers.  My favourite tracks from 2097 were by Future Sound of London though.

I never need an excuse to post the best ever computer game trailer:

I came in to give these answers.  My favourite tracks from 2097 were by Future Sound of London though.
I never need an excuse to post the best ever computer game trailer:

So cool

Hope GTA 6 uses the same track for another Vice City, not sure modern day Miami would be the same

• 2 weeks later...

Smash Bros Ultimate has to be a contender. Around 800 tracks across some of the most iconic games in history from the Mario, Zelda and Sonic series, to Megaman, MGS, Castlevania and FFVII to name just a few. 

Probably doesn't count though as picking it is like picking a greatest hits as your favourite album.

Witcher III, Duck Tales on the NES, Ghosts and Goblins, GTA Vice City (in fact nearly all GTA games), Zelda 3 as well as Ocarina of Time are all absolutely tremendous for their own reasons, though and could make a strong case for favourite soundtrack. 

Archived