Arbroath v East Fife

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s never a foul.

Correct, he has overrun the ball and tries to con the ref and got his just desserts..the ball in the back of the Fifers net 10 seconds later.

As for Ryan Wallace he is clearly a good player but he really doesn't help himself with his it's everybody else's fault attitude when he makes a mistake but he's gotta be in the team , 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was one of the worst. Wķhistle Happy, card happy and generally ran around like a little Hitler. Definitely a five star turd candidate.

Surprised it stayed 11 v 11, 4 soft cards after half an hour, only 2 more the rest of the game. Frustrating because no consistency, if he'd kept on booking players for what he did to start with there'd have been sending offs and a whole load more yellows

Absolutely nothing between the sides yesterday, the possession stats show that, and apart from that 4-10 minute spell before halftime where Arbroath were really starting to stretch and overrun our midfield that was two fairly evenly matched sides on the park, but what Arbroath had which we didn't, was much better quality in the final third, their forwards all looked busy and their interconnecting play was much better than ours on the day, our forwards looked like they couldn't find each other with a map, our front two, Smith and Court really failed to either win the ball or hold it up and our main wide threat, Thomson never threw a cross in worthy of the name the entire time he was on the pitch, when you look at the creative running of Linn (he's still no "Peak" Kyle Wilkie[emoji6]) and the hold up play of Wallace you then see the difference between the sides on the day. Although I was glad to see DY mixing up the pairing up top in hindsight it may have been a mistake as Big Tonks looked far more productive when he came on and to be fair to the guy so did McBride. Hope to see Currie back soon as out of the few chances we did have bouncing around the box I couldn't help but think that RC19 would perhaps have stuck one of them away, at least I don't think he would have fallen flat on his face when presented with a shooting opportunity as Big Anton did!!![emoji53]

I did think it was a foul in the buildup to their goal but I also agree that you play to the whistle and too many of our players stopped expecting the foul to be given and we paid the price for that!!!

I also agree that Meggatt should have walked but that only helps to highlight the complete ineptitude of yesterday's officials as there was more than one occasion, especially in the final 5-10 minutes when Arbroath were hanging on, that both Gold and McKenna should have received second bookings, I can also think of two absolutely farcical offside decisions that went against us, one in each half, that highlighted that that ineptitude wasn't just solely down to the referee, the standard of officialdom we have to endure in this Division is truly mind boggling at times!!!

I think a draw would have been fair but given the areas in which I've already highlighted the differences between the two sides on the day I can't really grudge Arbroath their win also!!!

We just have to dust ourselves down and as disappointing as it was it was nowhere as shite a performance as the Dumbarton game last week, so the signs of recovery are good but not 100% yet, that needs to be sorted for next Saturday!!!

Absolutely nothing between the sides yesterday, the possession stats show that, and apart from that 4-10 minute spell before halftime where Arbroath were really starting to stretch and overrun our midfield that was two fairly evenly matched sides on the park, but what Arbroath had which we didn't, was much better quality in the final third, their forwards all looked busy and their interconnecting play was much better than ours on the day, our forwards looked like they couldn't find each other with a map, our front two, Smith and Court really failed to either win the ball or hold it up and our main wide threat, Thomson never threw a cross in worthy of the name the entire time he was on the pitch, when you look at the creative running of Linn (he's still no "Peak" Kyle Wilkie[emoji6]) and the hold up play of Wallace you then see the difference between the sides on the day. Although I was glad to see DY mixing up the pairing up top in hindsight it may have been a mistake as Big Tonks looked far more productive when he came on and to be fair to the guy so did McBride. Hope to see Currie back soon as out of the few chances we did have bouncing around the box I couldn't help but think that RC19 would perhaps have stuck one of them away, at least I don't think he would have fallen flat on his face when presented with a shooting opportunity as Big Anton did!!![emoji53]
I did think it was a foul in the buildup to their goal but I also agree that you play to the whistle and too many of our players stopped expecting the foul to be given and we paid the price for that!!!
I also agree that Meggatt should have walked but that only helps to highlight the complete ineptitude of yesterday's officials as there was more than one occasion, especially in the final 5-10 minutes when Arbroath were hanging on, that both Gold and McKenna should have received second bookings, I can also think of two absolutely farcical offside decisions that went against us, one in each half, that highlighted that that ineptitude wasn't just solely down to the referee, the standard of officialdom we have to endure in this Division is truly mind boggling at times!!!
I think a draw would have been fair but given the areas in which I've already highlighted the differences between the two sides on the day I can't really grudge Arbroath their win also!!!
We just have to dust ourselves down and as disappointing as it was it was nowhere as shite a performance as the Dumbarton game last week, so the signs of recovery are good but not 100% yet, that needs to be sorted for next Saturday!!!

You’ve started by saying there was nothing between the teams and then listed everything we did better, suggesting there was a difference [emoji23]

Raith for you lot next week?

You’ve started by saying there was nothing between the teams and then listed everything we did better, suggesting there was a difference [emoji23]

I agree there wasn't much between the teams and don't really agree with the differences stated. Thought our link up play and in general just going forward was very poor yesterday but maybe that's because we've seen such a high standard so far this season

I think EF can take something next week and hope they do

What list???
I basically said you had a more cohesive unit in the final third, that was it , unless your talking about the getting away with fouls without being booked, as you were pretty much top in that regards as well!!!

I agree there wasn't much between the teams and don't really agree with the differences stated. Thought our link up play and in general just going forward was very poor yesterday but maybe that's because we've seen such a high standard so far this season

I think EF can take something next week and hope they do

Difference not differences and it may have been "very poor" to you but it was still way better than ours on the day!!!

Raith for you lot next week?

Indeed, settled front two to start please!!!

Eta

And a wide player who can fling a cross in would be nice!!!

A draw would be lovely cheers

Really???
Surely you would rather we won to maintain and increase the distance between 1st and 2nd???

Really???
Surely you would rather we won to maintain and increase the distance between 1st and 2nd???

Do you genuinely think you can beat them? Based on what I seen yesterday I’d be delighted if you could grab a point

Do you genuinely think you can beat them? Based on what I seen yesterday I’d be delighted if you could grab a point

That wasn't us yesterday, at least not the team that I've grown accustomed to watching, you've been fortunate enough to see two of our most incomplete performances this season, that can't/won't happen in a Local Derby!!!

Raith were very fortunate/lucky as f**k to take a point of us last time with the referee basically gifting them a point, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be capable of beating them!!!

Arbroath are going to lose eventually so enjoy this run from your lofty tower while you have it but really EVERY team in this Division is capable of beating each other!!!d

Archived