Rovers Rovers v Brechin City

Jack Smith should start next week in place of Buchanan. He has such a good touch whereas Buchanan is like playing a man down. Also, Ryan Stevenson in, Lewis Milne out. The number of times Milne gave the ball away it was like playing another man down.
Nine man Rovers 2-1 Brechin City. [emoji4]

I thought smith done well. Nisbet was trying to keep him right which will help. Seems like he will possibly get better with game time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jack Smith should start next week in place of Buchanan. He has such a good touch whereas Buchanan is like playing a man down. Also, Ryan Stevenson in, Lewis Milne out. The number of times Milne gave the ball away it was like playing another man down.
Nine man Rovers 2-1 Brechin City. [emoji4]

Come on now! :lol:

There is a lot of negative things you can pick on Buchanan for but his touch is the only thing he’s got. His touch is brilliant the majority of the time :lol:

We did well in the second half and should’ve won by a more comfortable margin. We could do with getting ourselves a clean sheet sometime soon, and I’m sure SJM will be annoyed that we’ve leaked that late goal - good finish from Jackson, though.

Thomson did well enough, never really tested but got gloves on a few crosses. Sneaky suspicion he got a finger on the one that hit the bar, too. Defence was fine, no calamities though, as mentioned, we could do with a clean sheet.

Midfield - Flanagan was excellent, my man of the match. I mentioned in a post before the game that I felt he needed to have a good game and really step up and take the creative responsibility and he did exactly that. Always wanted the ball and repeatedly beat his man and delivered a dangerous cross or pas. Nat did fine, thought he was going to fly a bit closer to the sun in the second half after being booked so early but he did well to keep breaking up the play without being penalised. Matthews was superb, his best game in ages.

Lewis Milne - I feel sorry for him. Absolutely fucking bereft of confidence and looks like a shadow of a player. Needs a few weeks out and Ryan Stevenson in the team instead because we’re carrying him. I won’t ever berate someone but he’s not been up to it, playing in his natural position or not.

Buchanan has a better game, held it up well and linked the play. Kev Nisbet is a machine. So, so dangerous and confidence is sky high. Two goals, one disallowed and one of the underside of the bar after a super save from Brennan. Young lad Jack Smith that came on looked like he had a bit about him and linked very well with Nisbet, laying it on a plate for him a few times when most would’ve probably had a shot.

Brechin looked like a team short on quality. Why is the boy who hit the bar not in the side? Looked their most creative outlet by a distance. They weren’t shy in leaving the boot in, too. Cautious that Nisbet has finished the game in adrenaline and will now be injured next week after his hamstring tweak. If he’s out we’re at tipping point. Wrap him in bubble wrap and cotton wool for the week, please.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Would be really interested to hear why the referee has seen fit to add on 6 minutes of injury time.

Did enough to win, that’s all really. Nisbet better not be fucking injured or I’ll have a meltdown.

The added time was due to the wee shite writing a fucking essay in his wee book every time he made a fucking decision. 

A whole lot better from us.  A bit of shape about the team and a willingness to attack which has been missing since god knows when.    After Raith scored we kept our shape , kept shutting down play and kept battling.  We didn't back off , didn't sit too deep and caused Raith all sorts of problems when we went forward.    Maybe the lack of attack minded  training for the past year and a half had something to do  with the finishing , but by today's show there was no lack of effort. 

Referee was the difference in the first half  as he missed a cynical foul on Tapping which led to our back lot hesitating and letting in Nisbett.  Good finish all the same.  Other than that I honestly thought we pretty well matched Rovers and were quite unlucky to go in a goal down.    The second half , possibly Rovers picked it up a bit but I always thought we were capable of snatching something.  Rovers late goal was a bit gutting as I felt we had put in a great shift .   2-0 flattered Rovers so I'm glad we battled on to score and with a bit of composure could have snatched a draw with the last kick of the match. 

Overall I thought it was 100% better than the turgid defensive pish we have been served up over the last 6 months.  Had we gone into the Montrose game with the same mentality I am sure we would have come out comfortable winners. 

A good start from Steve Campbell and something positive to build on.  

Had to laugh at the brechin boys behind us coming out wanting a scrap with some old boy and then being very vocal about how pair raith are, looking for a reaction and everyone just ignoring them.

Yeah, couple of absolute zoomers there today. Hope you don't think we're all like that. Got on well with Raith fans over the years.

Archived