Dundee vs St Mirren Sat 10/11 3pm

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our subs killed all our momentum. Our bench is so fucking poor. St Mirren never looked a threat. No idea if their penalty was soft but Edwards should have been sent off for that challenge. I thought Martin Woods was excellent.

We started really well and really should have put St Mirren to the sword in that first half. Curran and C.Miller were really effective when played on the wings. Jesse in particular had Erharon on toast. Kallman was tremendous as well and was pivotal to everything we created.

Penalty by all accounts shouldn't have been awarded and Edwards' challenge looked dreadful. Everyone was screaming for a red.

Everything went a bit meh after C.Miller was subbed. In his defense Nabi is never a winger, but he carried almost no threat when he came on. Curran faded away as well and we resorted to hoofing the ball up to Moussa who never won a header all game. His hold up play was put to shame by Kallman and he can stay on the bench from here on in.

We were asking for a suckerpunch in the last ten minutes or so and a better team would inevitably have got one. Basically, our subs killed the game but I'm going to give Mcintyre the benefit of the doubt and assume everyone who was taken off was tiring. 

Best atmosphere at Dens in ages, fair play to the St Mirren fans. 

Thought Ralph was excellent today, defensively solid and good going forward too. Woods impressed me as well although he did have a few questionable corners. Think he might miss the next couple of games though - looked like he did his hamstring with about 10 minutes to go. Kallman and Miller finally showed that they might be able to prove a decent front pairing and we might finally score some goals. Curran also had his best game for a while but you can tell his confidence is very low.

The players looked like they were satisfied with a point in the second half, but in reality it’s not great and we should be winning games like that. More confident that we will finish above St Mirren at the end of the season than I was before.

From main stand looked a stone wall penalty ( st.mirren that is )

100% wasn’t a penalty. Luckily the b*****d didn’t get away with it when he tried the same thing in the 2nd half - that one was embarrassing. There was no one within a yard of him when he threw himself to the ground.

Thought our penalty was the right call,.Jackson was clever and definitely played for it, but the defender has stupidly bumped him. Absolutely no need for the defender to do that, so I have little sympathy.

I would welcome an Edwards red card in most games. 

Dundee had more pressure, but I don't think either team did enough to win the game to be honest and I'll be amazed if these aren't the bottom two come the end of the year.

Despite it only being St Mirren and us only getting a point - some shoots of positivity.

Calvin Miller and Curran will cause most teams in the league problems on the wing and Kallman finally looked like a footballer. Not just a footballer but a half decent one at that.

It's still clear we need major surgery done to the squad and I'm slightly disappointed Madianga seems to have fell out of favour as he'd have been an ideal replacement for Kamara today who seemed to be having a bit of a mare for us.

McIntyre killed the game with his subs but if we hang in there till January and bring in another LB and a striker I reckon we can have half a chance.

A draw is disappointing, thought the penalty was very soft.

Aside from that, happier with the way we set up today - think we should be a 4-4-2 like today with Ralph and Miller on the left and Kerr and Curran on the right, so was happy to see that.  Thought the substitutions particularly bringing off Kallman were a bit weird though.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit I was surprised at how behind the St Mirren fans are of Kearney. He's looking every bit the P.E teacher that McCann looked the pundit.

In his defence he's come in to a really shitty situation. He managed to bring in an experienced defender, a winger, and a striker in the space of a couple of weeks. Something Stubbs couldn't do with a whole preseason behind him. So it's at least encouraging that he was able to identify weak areas in the team and address that (whether or not his signings have done that is another question)

It would be unrealistic to expect him to have turned this around by now. We need to give him time, he needs to adjust to full time football, no point getting on the guy's back. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit I was surprised at how behind the St Mirren fans are of Kearney. He's looking every bit the P.E teacher that McCann looked the pundit.

He'll get a shot at getting us promoted. If it doesn't pan out, Jim Goodwin will answer the call. 

I'm comfortable being a (supporter of a) yo-yo club. If we go down, it's fine: last season shits on this season.

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

Watched on a stream so may have been different live but don't either team did enough to win. 

We are clearly the worst two teams but if either get a wee run Accies aren't too far away.

Yeah, but Accies are like a jobby that won't flush. They are far more capable of grinding out a few points here and there than we are. Look at our games against Hibs and Kilmarnock, we probably deserved a point in both of those games but got hee haw. Hamilton go to Kilmarnock the following week and get a point.

Archived