St Johnstone vs Hamilton Academical -10/11/18

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Whilst saints were excellent for the vast majority of the game. A better team than Hamilton would have punished us for some slack play at times. It was remarkable how they were breaking 3 on 2 and each and every time stopped and allowed the full saints team to get back into position. A better team than St Mirren no doubt, but equally Dundee are better. Still I fully expect Hamilton to survive yet again by virtue of shitfesting enough points.

Glass half full type of guy Widge?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would've but I'm driving tonight big man, need to be another time. How shite was that for an Accie? Did you even have a shot on target?
Can remember one shot: Boyd well wide from the edge of the box. Fucking shite, but at least we've lost to good c***s xx

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Whilst saints were excellent for the vast majority of the game. A better team than Hamilton would have punished us for some slack play at times. It was remarkable how they were breaking 3 on 2 and each and every time stopped and allowed the full saints team to get back into position. A better team than St Mirren no doubt, but equally Dundee are better. Still I fully expect Hamilton to survive yet again by virtue of shitfesting enough points.

If we were playing a better team, we wouldn’t have piling bodies forward in the same way. 2-0 up and we have a direct free kick - we left 1 player back and another at the edge of the box as an example. 

Today was an absolute joy to watch. Terrific stuff 

Just now, accies1874 said:
1 minute ago, tree house tam said:
I would've but I'm driving tonight big man, need to be another time. How shite was that for an Accie? Did you even have a shot on target?

Can remember one shot: Boyd well wide from the edge of the box. Fucking shite, but at least we've lost to good c***s xx

You clipped the top of the bar about 85 mins, you would've been in the pub by then though.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unreal, can't remember the last time we had such a grip of a teams throat and just didn't let go, having players willing and able to beat men at pace makes such a difference. Wright destroyed Gordon in the first half, then Kennedy went nuts in the second. Watts pass for Kennedy's goal is top drawer.

Hamilton are odd to judge. They opened us up plenty of times on the counter but somehow ended up passing it back to their keeper instead of taking a shot, truly bizarre. That number 5 at the back is absolutely brutal though, playing a ball back to the keeper, when a striker is standing between you and him, is ludicrous.

Could easily have been six and I doubt Hamilton fans would've moaned. What a fucking team lads :wub:

Aye, but how many internationals have you got?...

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Aye, but how many internationals have you got?...

I think 4 of th 14 who played have been on the pitch for National teams, so far...

Just now, Estragon said:

Honestly beginning to think the next meh derby could be a title decider.

I'm buzzing for the game in two weeks now. Killie should bring a huge crowd, ours should go up due to this run/this result, and I reckon both teams will fancy attacking each other.

I let my season ticket lapse a couple of years ago and have only been to a few games a season since. I think that may have been my first game this season and what a great game to come back to - dominant and entertaining, the kind of performance that’s got me keen on the Killie game.

What a team. 

Tommy just put his Advert in shop window in big lettering, this is completely his team now, and any doubters cant argue, some of the best football i have ever seen saints play.  Yeah i enjoy break away one goal victories but this is just amazing and Swanson  and Scougall not even playing.  Surely some championship side will give him a pay day and good luck to him.  what a few years as a saints fan.  I'd love to think he'd stay a bit longer but i really doubt he will be here in 2019.  Really had the fear for today as Hamilton needed that win. With the draw down the bottom it leaves them a good gap still.  beers are a calling

Just the best 90 minutes we have played for years. 19 points above Dundee will be difficult for them to make up. Next two games against Killie and Hearts will be interesting. What an amazing difference these five wins have made.

Pleased for Zander to get these clean sheets as he did little wrong in the games we lost

This is how a team needs to perform, only lose to the top four, draw against Aberdeen and Hibs and beat every one below.

Well done saints.

That was the most dominant we’ve been at home since our last home game.
No failures and the obvious ballers were balling, but shout out to two much maligned players in Wotherspoon and Tanser, who have really stepped up to the mark in recent weeks. 
What’s our record top flight wins??
Tanser shrugging aside the Accies full back was such a welcome sight.

An excellent performance and as others have said probably should have been even more convincing. Everyone was excellent but Wright looks better and better every passing week to the point you feel it's a matter of time before there is interest from elsewhere. Him and Foster are a brilliant pairing too.

It was great to watch a really dominant performance at home - 10 minutes in and you already felt that the goal was a matter of time. In complete contrast to last season, we've got multiple attacking players who get you excited.

My take on today,

The armed forces stuff was like being in a church on armistice. Nice sentiment but felt very out of place.

The game panned out the way I thought it would, we're just a better team than most of our similar sized contemporaries. Hamilton knew this and resorted to pretty cynical fouling, It just shows how far we have come really. Tommy has built a decent side and will surely sign a new deal soon as wee Broon has backed him this season. Drey Wright will win plenty of POY awards this season, the boy is class. Matty Kennedy is improving every game and that shot off the bar, had it gone in, would've capped a great performance. Not really any failures today and with the likes of Swanson and Scougall, 2 ballers, not getting any game time it shows we have proper depth when everyones fit.

Enjoying the football lately, pity we'll need to watch Scotland get pumped with a fucking clueless twat at the helm before we get back to scintillating scenes at McDiarmid again.

I'm buzzing for the game in two weeks now. Killie should bring a huge crowd, ours should go up due to this run/this result, and I reckon both teams will fancy attacking each other.

Could well be the first home game I attend in ages. It should be marketed as another “blue and white day.” Potential to get loads of folk along to a game that would normally be poorly attended.

Archived