East Fife V Raith Rovers

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t buy the whole part time thing. There have been that many changes in nutrition and sports science over the years that even part time footballers with a part time job keep themselves fit to a level of the full time teams in the league.

Fair play to East Fife who deserved that.  I wish our players had shown an ounce of their belief and fight in that second half. 

For the second away game in a row we go from a deserved lead to having no idea how to handle a side having a go.  To put Watson on for Davidson was a disaster, he was absolutely miles out of his depth. McKay was the obvious change.  

Massive dose of reality that other than a few quality players,this squad isn't that good and sadly not good enough to win this league. 

A fantastic strike by Buchanan but someone should tell him football is played on your feet not your backside. Goes down at every opportunity. Raith started the game with an intensity we couldn’t match and they hustled and harried us into giving the ball away far too cheaply indeed when Dunsmore gave the ball away once to often Buchan punished us . Raith had two great opportunities when Buchanan was left unmarked at the back post twice, fortunately Long made a decent save and 2nd one Buchanan mad3 a mess of. It was hard to see Raith play with that same intensity for 45 minutes and that proved the case. We were very much on top and if we could only make the break through everyone could see Raith were on the ropes.This was how it planned out when King Kev turned up in the righ5 place at the right time. You just knew there was a winner in there for us and what scenes in the home end when the ball hit the net.No idea what happened when Brett got sent off far to busy celebrating. A thoroughly entertaining afternoon.

7 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I don’t buy the whole part time thing. There have been that many changes in nutrition and sports science over the years that even part time footballers with a part time job keep themselves fit to a level of the full time teams in the league.

Most part time players have full time jobs and then train maybe 3 hours a week. A lot of the time it attitude. 

That was a real old fashioned derby  like my youth when East Fife Rovers was the main game.Pleased for Aaron Dunsmore whose sloppy pass led to the Rovers goal.Dont know what he was doing there but his runs caused them problems the whole second half.Well done to Darren Young  with an incredible turnaround which very few including me saw coming.

35 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Ooooft. That is a fucking disaster. On the plus side, Scotland won. No?

f**k East Fife and all who sail in her. 30 years of hurt ends today.

Ooft. Most of the Rovers fans have taken that defeat pretty well. You've just confirmed what most of us already know.

Prize p***k.

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

So signing part time players and only training two evenings a week would have us closer to an Arbroath team who have only dropped six points this season? Okay.

We are paying  players a full time wage  to be 10 points  adrift! You're on top of your game aren't you? 

Some o' us need tae calm doon a wee bit!!

We have 5  quality players unavailable through injury, in some cases long term; we don't have a divine right to steamroll the rest of the League, despite us being full time.

Fair play to The Fife, they have been the form team for a while now, we have been grinding results out, apart from the Dumbarton game. They deserved their win today.

This is the month of November....nothing is won in November......May is along way off.

Ah right. Some folk were giving him pelters. Had some swagger about him. Looked like he could care less.

First time I've experienced the wallopers of our support too. Some absolute belters. Thank Christ the next game I'll be at I'll be miles away from them.
Yeah was different sitting with FF and the singing crew. Thought at one point we were going to have fighting break out in our own support.

We are paying  players a full time wage  to be 10 points  adrift! You're on top of your game aren't you? 

There are nine part time teams in this league, and we’re above eight of them. Pretty incredible considering they’ve considerably more fight than us.

It’s almost like being full time is some kind of advantage.

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:
25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
I love John Mcglynn but he showed a total lack of class today.  Almost created a riot with no need at all.  

What actually happened? I wasn't far away but im still not sure why it kicked off in the stand.

He refused to move from the front of the stand then tried to sit on the first available seat when there was a seat at the back designated for such an event.  Some EF officials got involved and fans started wading in. Totally needless. 

Archived