Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed everything from the 15th to 75th minute. The other 30 minutes was horrible but we got there.
Armstrong was tremendous and taking him off really damaged us going forward, although Shinnie's bodying was needed towards the end.
The other two central midfielders were also great. It's a very good midfield in an attacking sense, but it'll be interesting to see how it does in the qualifiers against better teams.
Forrest and Fraser are so, so exciting. If they continue their club form then I'd be confident of this team. That's how important they can be.
Fletcher won so many fucking headers. I didn't think his link-up play was quite as good as it was against Albania, however he was still starting a few attacks. He'll frustrate due to a lack of goals but is still the best we've got at what he does.
Bates and Paterson got torn to shreds in the first half. That said, I think Bates managed to get himself together and was fine in the second. He's been drafted in late on with no prior first team caps, so he did what was asked of him - plugged a gap. Devlin and Souttar should both be ahead of him in the right-footed CB places.
Robertson was good. He's not been as dynamic as we know he can be, but he's starting attacks from a bit deeper and has a greater awareness than before, not to mention a better defender than he's given credit for.
McKenna was excellent: sweeping up the mistakes of others, winning so much in the air, and the way he brought the ball out of defence to win a foul at the end was so important.
We've had false dawns before and we've beaten teams we should've beaten, but this is the first time I'll see us in a play-off (at worst) and I'm excited.

44 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

So we’ve gone from playing Israel and Albania to possibly playing Germany and Croatia? :lol: 

42 minutes ago, banana said:

If we can get past Finland.

Is the final home and away? Not a chance in hell we're going through against either of those in such a format.

Image result for vicente del bosque gif

Archived