PlayStation VR

Eric

Just picked up the PlayStation VR headset.  Got the VR Worlds and Astro Bot.  Seems pretty good so far and really impressive.

However I'm not sure there are that many good looking games out there.  Can anyone recommend any games?  I see there is a golf game coming out in spring next year and there appears to be quite a few free games and demos in the PlayStation store which I'll try out.

Quite fancy either resident evil or doom but not sure which to go for.

5 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Re7 was excellent without vr can imagine it being harrowing. Tetris Effect getting good reviews

Yeah I used to s**t myself playing resident evil on the ps2 so can't imagine what it'll be like in VR.   

I saw tetris effect but to me it just looks like £35 for tetris with a few effects in the background.  Definitely going to get RE though

Resident Evil 7 is amazing and very scary in VR. I can barely play more than 10 minutes if i'm on my own!!!

The Star Wars game is a bit of a tech demo but still really good fun if you already have the game.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is also really good fun (think it was on PS+ for free at some point). 

Resident Evil 7 is amazing and very scary in VR. I can barely play more than 10 minutes if i'm on my own!!!
The Star Wars game is a bit of a tech demo but still really good fun if you already have the game.
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is also really good fun (think it was on PS+ for free at some point). 

The Inpatient PSVR is a prequel from the Until Dawn series and is really good, although not the longest of games.

On 11/24/2018 at 04:22, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

That game gives me awful motion sickness.

Have you tried the setting where the cockpit remains still but your craft rotates around you?   Cuts down a lot of the rocking motion.

Have you tried the setting where the cockpit remains still but your craft rotates around you?   Cuts down a lot of the rocking motion.
Don't think so. After getting bad motion sickness the 1st time I played it, I've never went back to it. Might do now though if what you're saying helps. Cheers!

In terms of recommendations...

The OP's started in probably the best place with Astro Bot.

The London Heist (one of the games in VR Worlds) is excellent, but short.

Statik is a brilliant puzzle game.

Wipeout VR is great.

Pinball FX VR is very realistic and is a surprisingly good showcase for VR.

Flightwings has a great sensation of flight, though the gameplay is a bit slight.

Rush of Blood is really enjoyable.

Farpoint isn't the greatest on its own, but worth it if you can get the light-gun bundle cheaply.

Edit: I missed out Polybius, which is superb if you like psychodelic Jeff Minter games.

Those are the best of the genuine VR games, that I've played.    There's lots of smaller scale (or short duration) stuff that is worth a look when on sale like Batman VR,  Headmaster etc.

Edited by SramTon

8 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
13 minutes ago, SramTon said:

Don't think so. After getting bad motion sickness the 1st time I played it, I've never went back to it. Might do now though if what you're saying helps. Cheers!

There's loads of comfort settings in the game menu which you can experiment with, but the one I'm talking about is "Lock camera to cockpit".

• 6 months later...
Bought Blood and Truth on PSVR and played it for the 1st time last night on the move controllers . Have to say it's the dugs baws.  Great VR experience that gives you a kind of action movie type experience. 
Came on to ask if anyone had played this. It seems to be getting good reviews. Do you need the motion controllers or can you use the normal pad?

Came on to ask if anyone had played this. It seems to be getting good reviews. Do you need the motion controllers or can you use the normal pad?
Yeah, you can use the controller but tbh I'd recommend the motion sticks to simulate the gun movement, as it works really well.