Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

20 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

On 11/26/2018 at 14:04, baillieinleeds said:

The Wee team insult you and your ilk spew out about the Rovers gets right on my wick. 

Wow. 

16 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

How's Aiden Connolly been anyway? He was outstanding for us under McKinnon, but seems to have performed the poorest out of the three of him, Longridge and Craigen. If Longridge scores, he'll bam up our fans who'll have given him abuse for no reason, and I'm going to relish the seethe it'll create. The boy is a top class WUM.

I rate him higher than Longridge tbh, L Longridge out wide is dreadful. Connolly isn't all that great either. Craigan is often solid/unspectacular. 

So aye not that fussed about them tbh. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:39, bendan said:

I'd be really surprised if this isn't televised. What other four matches would be chosen?

Why the feck would this be televised ? nobody is remotely  interested in this tie between 2 shite fife teams who have no chance of winning the cup ?  :rolleyes: 

12 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Why the feck would this be televised ? nobody is remotely  interested in this tie between 2 shite fife teams who have no chance of winning the cup ?  :rolleyes: 

Can't disagree with the "2 shite fife teams who have no chance of winning the cup", but this year four games will be shown live. Premier Sports will go for the ugly sisters, leaving games like this for the BBC. Of course, they might just go for Hearts - Livingston and St Johnstone - Hamilton, but I'd be surprised if this game wasn't shown.

10 hours ago, bendan said:

Can't disagree with the "2 shite fife teams who have no chance of winning the cup", but this year four games will be shown live. Premier Sports will go for the ugly sisters, leaving games like this for the BBC. Of course, they might just go for Hearts - Livingston and St Johnstone - Hamilton, but I'd be surprised if this game wasn't shown.

Aye , think the hearts v Livingston , will be the one  . :mellow:

On 11/28/2018 at 03:11, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’d take Connolly, Longridge and Craigen back in a heartbeat.

More an indication of where Raith are just now tbh. 

Out of them all I think Connolly has the most potential if we utilise him correctly, was fantastic away at Morton. 

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Out of them all I think Connolly has the most potential if we utilise him correctly, was fantastic away at Morton. 

In fairness they were all crucial in getting us into the play offs in the Championship (the right ones!).  We only had one defeat in our last 15 games in a league with Hibs and Rangers.

If they aren’t performing i’d suggest it’s down to AJ not being able to or not knowing how to get the best out of them rather than them all suddenly becoming bad players. 

Would agree that Connolly is the best out of the lot, he was a joy to watch when on form for us.  

Connolly gives it away constantly, Craigen is slow, Longridge seemed to have nothing until he scored a good goal against the WCOE and then he seemed pretty decent all rounder. Master of wind up. But all them can create something and would gladly have any of them as an option.

More of an indication that your joker of a manager isn’t getting the best out of them.

Occurred to me Connolly and l.longridge have scored all our home league goals. L.longridge also scored both goals vs alloa in the challenge cup.

Nobody apart from them has scored at home since the 28th of July.

That's fucking depressing. At least we'll have a chance with this game being away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2018 at 18:17, Raithie said:

And the “we fucking hate you, you’re just a wee team”.

Wrong lyrics. I get irritated when folk sing this, as it should be 'We don't even hate you'.

On 12/8/2018 at 23:16, DA Baracus said:

Wrong lyrics. I get irritated when folk sing this, as it should be 'We don't even hate you'.

My guess is the original song was indeed 'we fucking hate you' then a few of you realised 'haud on, that means we care, we can't have that, we must change it' but the original song was what the vast majority knew so that's what's stuck. Heard that wee ditty sung many times against us and every single time it's been 'we fucking hate you'. It's no big deal though.

Archived