Ayr vs County

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Thank you, who scored the equaliser?

Sounds like some game. 

Geggan, I think was credited with it.

3-3, more than happy with that.  Ayr still in the driving seat but we've stop them opening a big gap up after their game in hand.

Full time 3-3.
Decent result all things considered. Although McManus on the radio seems to think Ayr were hanging on second half.

From 3-1 down? That feels like a win. Now to start playing well for more than 45 minutes.

Absolutely delighted with the result.

At home and 3-1 up Ayr United should have been cruising to an impressive victory. Instead they wasted a fantastic chance to put a gap between them and the teams below them and they have  blown it in a specatuclar manner.

Had we been 3-1 up and collapsed like that I would have been furious.

I’m actually happy with a point. Never thought we were dominant even in the first half. Was pretty even in the first half but County battered us in the second half.

Thought the two second half goals were very poor from our perspective but County changed the game plan and it worked out. They could easily have come away today with 3 points.

The one thing I felt we struggled with today was the height of the County players. Draper won pretty much every header today and had Adams been fit McCall would’ve stuck him on him imo.

Still, we’re top with a game in hand and half of the season is almost gone. I’ll take that.

Disappointing 2nd half. Thought Bell looked uneasy, Countywide looked more dangerous when going forward as they had a bit more urgency in their attack. We couldn’t get going, passes and touches were just not coming off at all.

Fox had a good save late on to deny Shankland’s hat trick, but I’m struggling to recall much else. County probably didn’t have too many clear cut chances other than their goals. Draw probably fair, but disappointed that we let a 3-1 lead slip.

Still top with a game in hand though.

Absolutely delighted with the result.
At home and 3-1 up Ayr United should have been cruising to an impressive victory. Instead they wasted a fantastic chance to put a gap between them and the teams below them and they have  blown it in a specatuclar manner.
Had we been 3-1 up and collapsed like that I would have been furious.

The nick of this character 🤣

I said before the game I would take a draw considering the way we’ve been playing. Even more happy with it given the half time score. Having said that the BBC seem to think we were the better side, which given it’s the beeb, means Ayr deserved the win.

That’s annoying. 

Our defence collapsed in the second half and we couldn’t cope with the physicality from County - their players seem to either be 6 foot 10 and stacked or 5 feet and rapid. Constant balls over the top causing all sorts of problems. Think they adapted to the conditions far better than us but that isn’t an excuse for chucking away a two goal lead.

Was a bit surprised we went to 5 at the back but it did settle us down a bit, all the while it took away a large chunk of our attacking threat.

Still though, top of the league with a game in hand. Could be worse.

The County staff and fans don’t half appear to have some sort of inferiority complex towards officials btw.  Almost embarrassing at times the complete overreactions to every single decision.

Game of two halves eh, got pummelled  by County second half, lucky to  come away with a point. They did to us what we often do to teams and we just couldn't cope with it, their pressing led to so many mistakes by us and poor balls  and decision making. First half it looked like we'd score with every  attack, they were struggling big time with it, especially balls through the middle to Shanks.

I said before the game I would take a draw considering the way we’ve been playing. Even more happy with it given the half time score. Having said that the BBC seem to think we were the better side, which given it’s the beeb, means Ayr deserved the win.

You were the better side. If I’m being honest I didn’t think our penalty was a penalty and I thought the 3rd goal was a foul.

We had one good chance in the second half which brought out a brilliant save from Fox but apart from that we did nothing.

If Smith and Harvie are going to be attacking like that more in future games then they have to stop getting nosebleeds when they get in the oppositions box, you seen it from them a few times today, when they got near goal they hesitated and took too long

If Smith and Harvie are going to be attacking like that more in future games then they have to stop getting nosebleeds when they get in the oppositions box, you seen it from them a few times today, when they got near goal they hesitated and took too long

Thought they were poor. Harvie in particular trying to constantly play his way out of trouble instead of clearing his lines.

Archived