Hamilton vs Killie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry we remember how few you guys used to bring pre-Clarke.

Your support has gone up due to the Clarke effect.
Our support has about halved due to the Canning effect.

Still can't beat us though...
So you're agreeing with me that Hamiltons brutal to watch football is shown by their crowd, glad we cleared that up

5 minutes ago, killie_lad said:
26 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:
Don't worry we remember how few you guys used to bring pre-Clarke.

Your support has gone up due to the Clarke effect.
Our support has about halved due to the Canning effect.

Still can't beat us though...

So you're agreeing with me that Hamiltons brutal to watch football is shown by their crowd, glad we cleared that up

Calm down dear. You're trying way too hard.

Imrie's attempt to con the ref when he went down clutching his face after Tshibola  kicked the ball away, then making a miraculous recovery to chase him half the length of the pitch whilst playing the role of a plastic hardman, was my personal highlight of a very drab encounter. 

Alas,  if only the football on offer by both teams had this much endeavour.........

Now that a lot of my post match seethe at Accies has worn off, too many of our players weren't at the races today. Stewart's wee turns weren't coming off and he had a proper rush of blood to the head at his one on one - he definitely had time to take a touch and set himself. O'Donnell made a lot of basic mistakes, Jones's decision making was atrocious and Taylor struggled a bit against the Accies wide man. I though the centre halves were decent and Dicker was probably our best player in the second half. A point was probably fair in the end as Accies had a fair few chances and it looked like an unbelievable save from Bachmann at the end to save us a point. As much as I can't stand the way Hamilton play, they're the team in the league who set up the best to counter us tbh. The Accies right back was the best player on the park - didn't give Jones a sniff.

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

That's now just two home wins out of the last twenty Accies-Killie Killie-Accies games, Accies Twitter has just confirmed.

Yeah, it was a joke. I.e Hamilton don’t win much in general, so “these games” don’t produce many home wins.

Seems to have rattled you, which wasn’t the intention, but well done on a deserved point.

Now that a lot of my post match seethe at Accies has worn off, too many of our players weren't at the races today. Stewart's wee turns weren't coming off and he had a proper rush of blood to the head at his one on one - he definitely had time to take a touch and set himself. O'Donnell made a lot of basic mistakes, Jones's decision making was atrocious and Taylor struggled a bit against the Accies wide man. I though the centre halves were decent and Dicker was probably our best player in the second half. A point was probably fair in the end as Accies had a fair few chances and it looked like an unbelievable save from Bachmann at the end to save us a point. As much as I can't stand the way Hamilton play, they're the team in the league who set up the best to counter us tbh. The Accies right back was the best player on the park - didn't give Jones a sniff.

Yeah, McGowan was great. I thought O'Donnell was good defensively but not up to much going forward, and I was shocked at how bad Taylor was. It's not often that Scott McMann (who did have a good game, to be fair) is the best left-back on the day.

I think that was the best I've seen Miller play all season. He cut through Killie loads of times but had no options to play the ball to. I don't think he works well with Keatings as he likes to receive the ball deep, drive at the defence and play a through ball to an attacker, but Keatings also likes to operate deeper. The two of them can, and should, play, but only with a striker ahead of them.

Guest Moomintroll
No surprise to see you weegie p***ks helping each other out with the draw here. Another point towards survival for you both.
Calm doon peh men, why so angry?

Guest Moomintroll

Can we agree that the next time Accies and Killie draw, (which will be the next game, you can set your watch by it) Im_Rodger will be allowed back? Fiveheid needs to be allowed back to wind up people, but especially chewing taffies. Fiveheid would drive him into a delightful frothing frenzy.

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
26 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:
No surprise to see you weegie p***ks helping each other out with the draw here. Another point towards survival for you both.

Calm doon peh men, why so angry?

They've less points at this stage than Mixus United team, no wonder he's seething.

Guest Moomintroll
They've less points at this stage than Mixus United team, no wonder he's seething.
He seems unusually grumpy towards us, not our fault Terry was shit (and that ref) and that we have strikers in our squad that are better than their motley assortment, old man Miller excluded.

Much like the first game against Accies, I don't think we can have any complaints about not winning. We didn't really do enough - Stewart's miss near the end was the only big chance we created after it went to 1-1.  I think we probably should have had a penalty right at the end when Dicker took a shove in the back at a corner, but there was no way any of the officials were going to be able to see it through the pack of bodies.

Canning seems to be about the only manager who has worked out how to play against us, whether it's by luck or judgement. Both of the games against them this season have been bogged down in the middle of the park and we haven't been able to get it out wide often enough to either the full-backs or wingers. Jones looked like he had the beating of McGowan one-on-one, but there was always somebody else there to stop him.

Every time we've dropped silly points this season, we've bounced back in the following matches, so hopefully this will set us up for 6 points against Motherwell and St Mirren.

1 hour ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Always nice to see a doondee fan taking natural order with a bit of dignity :thumsup2

7 hours ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

That's twice I've seen Hamilton and fair play they've won a point both times but it's probably the worst most negative stuff I've ever seen in 32 years of football

Agree with that but Partick Thistle under Bertie Auld were even worse to watch, especially as in those days  when you passed the ball back to keepers they were allowed to pick it up.  Just imagine something even more anti football than Hamilton. 

Accies are brutal to watch, but it is up to us to vary our game to suit and I don't think we did enough yesterday once they equalised. 

Archived