Have you ever brought a banana to a football game?

GordonS

I'm a greedy fat b*****d and I generally don't leave the house without a cereal bar and a bottle of juice, and I've taken plenty of food into football grounds. But bananas are too easily squished in pockets or bags so I've never taken one to a game. How likely is it that someone takes a banana into a football ground, throws the skin at a black player, and it isn't racial?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46607199

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a wean sometimes my maw would give me something to eat before I went to the games. This may have been a banana on occasion. I usually ate it on the bus into the town tho' so unlikely that I actually took it into the game. Was more likely gonna be a packet of Frazzles anyway. 

I'm not gonna say with 100% certainty I've went to a game without a banana but it's highly unlikely.

Thank you call for coming to my TEDTalk

I've taken bananas to football before but purely for their nutritional value.  At the recent League Cup semi-final a steward gave me a pat down and discovered something in my jacket pocket. "What is that?" he exclaimed in a surprised tone.  I reached my hand into said pocket and produced a satsuma.  "You can't eat that in the stadium" he declared.  I gave him a puzzled look and said "OK then".  As soon as I was past the turnstiles I enjoyed the delicious satsuma and had a wee chuckle to myself.

11 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm not gonna say with 100% certainty I've went to a game without a banana but it's highly unlikely.

5 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I've taken bananas to football before

Racists, IMO.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Ban bananas, brink booze back..

What could go wrong?

Why would you ban Banana Yaya and any other players who share his name? Would Olympiacos be compensated?

image.png.a7c6c2b9ce02f625058cab8d5c6d2904.png

Guillaume Beuzelin was a fine player, for a Hibs tramp, but I think he'd be a bit past it now.

image.png.adfacfb621fdc227c62a291931f77dfe.png

10 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I've taken bananas to football before but purely for their nutritional value.  At the recent League Cup semi-final a steward gave me a pat down and discovered something in my jacket pocket. "What is that?" he exclaimed in a surprised tone.  I reached my hand into said pocket and produced a satsuma.  "You can't eat that in the stadium" he declared.  I gave him a puzzled look and said "OK then".  As soon as I was past the turnstiles I enjoyed the delicious satsuma and had a wee chuckle to myself.

fight-the-power-wall-sticker-3903.png

1 hour ago, nsr said:

Is it OK to throw bacon sandwiches at Jewish players

I'd like to know what the earnest footballing bigot is supposed to do about the influx of central european, south american and asian players in to the game - what is the  etiquette for throwing things at those demographics - beetroot, tins of corned beef and pandas 

ETA:

Asking for a freund.

clap.gif

3 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

I'd like to know what the earnest footballing bigot is supposed to do about the influx of central european, south american and asian players in to the game - what is the  etiquette for throwing things at those demographics - beetroot, tins of corned beef and pandas ?

Easy.

Central European - Throw carp at them. Polish lunatics keep a carp in their bath at this time of year.

Asians: Dogs, obviously. If the player in question is Korean, it may be better to throw a fan to mock their belief in Fan Death.

South Americans: At this time of year it's cheaper to throw snowballs than white powder.

Archived