Killie v St Mirren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Also, the best piece of business we've done all season is to knock back that diddy Greg Stewart on loan and brought in his Birmingham team mate Nicolai Brock-Madsen instead. 

VRTx.gif.e931777112fb855a2a7351182bc7ca04.gif

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

VRTx.gif.e931777112fb855a2a7351182bc7ca04.gif

It's the truth. :lol:

We were linked with Stewart the whole summer but when push came to shove, opted for NBM instead. 

What we got was a 6ft3 lump of nothing who tucked his neck in when he jumped and sat powerless as Killie got Stewart on deadline day. Meanwhile, NBM played 3 games for us, took the huff, went back to Birmingham who promptly booted him out. 

Liam Smith, Craig Halkett, Greg Stewart. Three guys who were very realistic targets and who would have changed our season massively and instead of pursuing them as everyone expected, we went for absolute garbage. Three guys whose respective  stocks have risen massively in the time since and are now well out of our range. 

Jordan Jones. 
Talented player. 
Awful, awful cheat though. 
He's a cheat because he gets fouled constantly? Your number 77 had the most blatant dive of the game, any comment on that?

Anyway, your team were time-wasting when 2-1 down, what a complete embarrassment. Pleased to see that you are raging about the game though.

6 minutes ago, KillieCon said:

He's a cheat because he gets fouled constantly? Your number 77 had the most blatant dive of the game, any comment on that?

Anyway, your team were time-wasting when 2-1 down, what a complete embarrassment. Pleased to see that you are raging about the game though.

I'd have thought the most blatant dive of the game was the one where the Killie player was booked by the referee for diving in the box, no? 

10 minutes ago, KillieCon said:

We got we deserved,  his diving was embarrassing. 

Jones was a bit of a diver, just face it. Doesn't bother me as much as it does some of my fellow saints but don't try and deny it.

I felt that if we had levelled Killie would have stepped up again. 

We've got to January and we're not bottom. With that squad that's a success. It's a sad day when your creative midfielders are Paul McGinn and Lee Hodson. Surely Mcshane is a better option than either of them?

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

Jones was a bit of a diver, just face it. Doesn't bother me as much as it does some of my fellow saints but don't try and deny it.

We've got to January and we're not bottom. With that squad that's a success. It's a sad day when your creative midfielders are Paul McGinn and Lee Hodson. Surely Mcshane is a better option than either of them?

I'm afraid Mcshane also falls into the pish category. Not good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Lee Hodson is a natural left back playing at centre mid. 

Ethan Erhahon is a natural centre mid playing at left back. 

Easy swap. 

Just now, KillieCon said:
4 minutes ago, Munoz said:
We got we deserved,  his diving was embarrassing. 

I genuinely don't think he was diving. Just because your defenders couldn't deal with him doesn't mean he was at it. I'm happy to be proved wrong when I see the highlights.

I'd say at least 2 were definite dives , and the other couple were him being clever going down easily.  

All pretty irrelevant though. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd have thought the most blatant dive of the game was the one where the Killie player was booked by the referee for diving in the box, no? 

Aye, that was poor. But I'm absolutely not going to engage with the hypocrisy that we all hate when our players dive.

f**k it lads, dive yer hearts out. Just get better at it.

Brophy defo deserved the booking, no question, and he should be embarrassed.

I know JJ has 'previous' but I truly don't believe he dived today.

His type of play will attract challenges and he does fall a lot but, apart from the most blatant dive I have ever witnessed against Hamilton at home in his first season, I haven't had an issue with this part of his game. 

We will miss him when he's gone.

That said, your captain (whatever McGinn he is) lead by example and had an excellent match. 

13 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

He was terrible, totally out of his depth. 

I remember coaching the MOJAMS to a win v Ethans St Mirren youth team 7 or 8 years ago. Interestingly my son said today before the game that Ethan was over rated and not much better than him and he couldn't understand why he was a regular in the SPFL.  

Archived