Ayr United V Whoever is left at Falkirk

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D'Jaffo said:

That didn’t even cross my mind till you said it.

I think if he was fit though he would play. Not sure how I feel about tomorrow now.

Gives us a small 90 minute glimpse into life without Shankland. Massive chance for Moore to show he’s deserving of a place. 

Oh well the rejuvenation of Falkirk Fc will begin tomorrow.

Whether Shankland is injured or off who knows but the speculation will certainly take off now. Maybe he's been carrying a knock the last few weeks which could explain his lack of goals.
If any of us ayr fans don't freak out at the team news section and actually go onto the next bit which is the gaffers quotes he says Lawrence has a slight knock.

Just now, rb123! said:
1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Whether Shankland is injured or off who knows but the speculation will certainly take off now. Maybe he's been carrying a knock the last few weeks which could explain his lack of goals.

If any of us ayr fans don't freak out at the team news section and actually go onto the next bit which is the gaffers quotes he says Lawrence has a slight knock.

I did read it but it could be used as a smokescreen?*

* I’m shitting myself. 

Aye but McCalls hardly going to say he’s not playing because he’s away. For the record I don’t think this is the case however if he’s not at the game tomorrow then I’d be worried.

Gives us a small 90 minute glimpse into life without Shankland. Massive chance for Moore to show he’s deserving of a place. 

Not been convinced with Moore this season but here’s hoping he scores a couple.

Going to have to change the way we play here as we’ll have nobody up front to bring down a long ball and hold it up.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:
3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Craig Moore isn't Shankland and he won't let us down. 

Yeah - i can't help but think there is more to it - he has started every league game in 18 months or whatever it is since signing - to not even make the bench with a 'slight knock' doesnt sound right to me.  

However - great news that Kerr is back, and hopefully Moff and Moore can link up well - Moore doesnt play well with Shankers but has generally done well alongside Moff. 

Yeah - i can't help but think there is more to it - he has started every league game in 18 months or whatever it is since signing - to not even make the bench with a 'slight knock' doesnt sound right to me.  
However - great news that Kerr is back, and hopefully Moff and Moore can link up well - Moore doesnt play well with Shankers but has generally done well alongside Moff. 

Maybe the fact that he has started every game this season and has run his socks off in all those games, playing with slight knocks in some of them contributed to the fact he can’t play tomorrow.

My revised team sheet would be like so

Doohan

Smith
Bell
Rose
Harvie

McGuffie
Murdoch
Docherty
McDaid

Moore
Moffat

Subs; Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Higgins, Ecrepont, Kerr, Crawford, McCowan

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe the fact that he has started every game this season and has run his socks off in all those games, playing with slight knocks in some of them contributed to the fact he can’t play tomorrow.

My revised team sheet would be like so

Doohan

Smith
Bell
Rose
Harvie

McGuffie
Murdoch
Docherty
McDaid

Moore
Moffat

Subs; Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Higgins, Ecrepont, Kerr, Crawford, McCowan

There's every chance you are right - he has definitely played a few games this season where he probably could have missed out. 

I'd be tempted to bring Kerr straight in if he is fit. 

Rays tapped him up boys. I expect Shankland to come out in an Ayr kit applauding the fans. Only seconds before kick off , rip off his Ayr kit showing off an old Navy Blue ‘Lewis 9’ kit.

Very WWE esque however this is how it should go down. #edi #itk

There's every chance you are right - he has definitely played a few games this season where he probably could have missed out. 
I'd be tempted to bring Kerr straight in if he is fit. 

Harsh on Docherty who played well last week. I’m hoping he gives McGuffie a chance though but we’ll likely see Crawford out wide again.

Rays tapped him up boys. I expect Shankland to come out in an Ayr kit applauding the fans. Only seconds before kick off , rip off his Ayr kit showing off an old Navy Blue ‘Lewis 9’ kit.

Tbqhwy if we're going to lose him it should be in this fashion, proper heel turn.

Goes to shake McCalls hand before pulling him in and choke slamming him through the dugout benches.

Archived