St Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup Round Four

shull

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That second yellow :lol:

I might be whistling in the wind here, but I think the referee gets that right.  It's also worth pointing out he wasn't sent off for diving, he was booked for it.  

Seems I'm one of the few saints fans who thinks it was a dive. Ok it wasn't the most obvious but he deliberately fell into the defender. 

Most games referees wouldn't even look at it, certainly tame compared to what Jordan Jones or Morelos get away with every week. 

15 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Seems I'm one of the few saints fans who thinks it was a dive. Ok it wasn't the most obvious but he deliberately fell into the defender. 

Most games referees wouldn't even look at it, certainly tame compared to what Jordan Jones or Morelos get away with every week. 

Regardless of whether it was a dive or not , it wont be highlighted because we're St Mirren. 

Jim Goodwin taking responsibility for the end result on the website, Said he changed tactics ..As alex ferguson said "you never stop learning as a manager"

and a lesson learnt for jim here , still think we ran out of steam though but yesterday was a good day the first half was immense and we can take that from the game 

and for St  Mirren a good spirited comeback we know all about them,

was a good game and glad I went over..

Regardless, it won't get overturned because it's clearly a dive.
I don't think it's a clear cut dive.

He plays the ball beyond the defender, the defender stands his ground he goes into the defender. There is contact between the players, does he initiate the contact? The defender commits himself and doesn't touch the ball but stands his ground, where is the defender meant to go?

Bearing in mind that gif is in slow motion too.

9 times out of 10 the attacker gets a free kick in these situations.

If that is a booking for simulation then every defender that falls over with the slightest touch on their back when facing their own goal should be booked.

He also was the victim of a clear and obvious red himself with the elbow incident.

Zanatta was lucky with his yellow aye, i don’t think it was deliberate but he did catch him.
After that Baird never missed him with an elbow/forearm for the rest of the game, the one early in the second half being particularly callous.

I'd say that's simulation. His legs go before his upper body, which wouldn't have happened if it had just been a case of the defender barging into him. He deliberately collapses into him. Not a 'typical' dive, but still a yellow. At best it's debatable, certainly not the type of decision that merits people mocking referees on social media..

If only there had been a qualified, unbiased individual near the simulation incident who could have decided whether it was worth a yellow.

If you added the word incompetent then we definitely had that individual present!

1 hour ago, printer said:

If only there had been a qualified, unbiased individual near the simulation incident who could have decided whether it was worth a yellow.

Apparently St Mirren ended this particular unbiased individuals dream of becoming a professional footballer. 

Looking at it again on TV it looks an even worse decision than it did at the time. 

At best it’s incredibly soft and as we all know (not that it’s right) second yellow cards tend to have a higher degree of offence committed to be awarded because it means the player goes off. 

Astonishing that he walked for this. 

(And ref in second half didn’t book Alloa’s 7 for a much clearer dive on the edge of the box)

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

He also was the victim of a clear and obvious red himself with the elbow incident.

Going to quash that since Dario is watching the ball and running backwards arms out to make himself big and just brushed him with a forearm. There was no malice which is why it was a yellow.

22 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Going to quash that since Dario is watching the ball and running backwards arms out to make himself big and just brushed him with a forearm. There was no malice which is why it was a yellow.

So your argument is that a player can only mean to hit another player if they’re looking at them?

Riiiiiight. 

I do though think that Baird was also lucky only to get a yellow for his retaliatory foul a few minutes later.  

20 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

So your argument is that a player can only mean to hit another player if they’re looking at them?

Riiiiiight. 

I do though think that Baird was also lucky only to get a yellow for his retaliatory foul a few minutes later.  

I'm saying his actions aren't violent and were pretty natural albeit clumsy.

3 hours ago, GAD said:

You'll never see an attacking player booked for that again. People trying to justify the ref there are utterly desperate.

You mean you now realise it is simulation and have no argument to defend it other than 'it isn't usually given'. He deliberately falls into the defender to win a free-kick. If you can't see that after multiple replays then you are either blind or stupid.

Archived