Very Low Attendances

HibeeJibee

On 31/12/2018 at 18:50, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 29th December
SPFL2
Albion Rovers v Annan Athletic
Attendance: 145

When was there last a lower Saturday league attendance than this?

Looking back as far as 2001-2008, a matching one I can find was Cowden v Montrose on Sat 30th November 2004. Quite a few sub 200 crowds from the usual suspects.

However, on Saturday 5th April 2008, Stranraer v Stenhousemuir was given as 135, one of 6 sub-200s they had.

Saturday 29th December SPFL2

Albion Rovers v Annan Athletic

Attendance: 145

When was there last a lower Saturday league attendance than this?

Clydebanks final season in the seniors saw some very low crowds and of course there was the match when only 29 fans watched v East Stirlingshire in the Challenge Cup in 1999 (which I believe was a Saturday afternoon). 

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:29, tamthebam said:

There were 40 at Haddington v Eyemouth a few weeks ago. 

Please specify Scottish League matches in your original question. :P

I was meaning league as opposed to non-league, aye.

(In any case it might well only further depress Albion Rovers fans to know there were actually bigger crowds at Easthouses, Bonnyrigg, East Stirlingshire, East Kilbride [tbc] and Threave; plus similar crowds at Musselburgh, Newtongrange, Gala and Spartans; amongst Lowland, EOS and SOS leagues last weekend).

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was meaning league as opposed to non-league, aye.

(In any case it might well only further depress Albion Rovers fans to know there were actually bigger crowds at Easthouses, Bonnyrigg, East Stirlingshire, East Kilbride [tbc] and Threave; plus similar crowds at Musselburgh, Newtongrange, Gala and Spartans; amongst Lowland, EOS and SOS leagues last weekend).

I would imagine Rovers fans would have more to worry about. A home game against Annan is going to be everyone one in L2s lowest crowd of the season they barely take double figures with them.

Archived