Newcastle

Stu

Going to Newcastle with my girlfriend for a couple of nights in the middle of February (midweek rather than weekend). Any tips for things to do (aside from the obvious stuff) or good places to eat in the centre/on the Quayside?

Had a look for a Newcastle thread but the last one was a good few years old - apologies if there is one on the go.

House of Tides on the Quayside is Michelin star level depending on how much you're willing to pay, if you go midweek since you mentioned that I think you can get a relatively cheap tasting menu, that's what we did.

Dabbawal is good for curry, and +1 for the tapas place above. Been a couple of years since I lived there tho, sad to see Solano's Peruvian has since shut down. Tho not surprising as we were the only people in it at 7pm on a Thursday when we went.

If you like Italians then my favourite is Babuchios, very decent. Phone ahead for a reservation just to be safe. 

Ive lived 15 minutes away for the past year but truthfully all I do in the centre is get absolutely smashed. 

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If you like Italians then my favourite is Babuchios, very decent. Phone ahead for a reservation just to be safe. 

Ive lived 15 minutes away for the past year but truthfully all I do in the centre is get absolutely smashed. 

I'll second this. A very good place for scran.

Head of Steam is pretty good also from a tapas/pub grub type place. Their beer tapas, where they pair types of beers with each order is worth a try.

Closer to the the shopping area, the Three Bulls Head is a cracking boozer anaw.

My favourite thing about Newcastle is if you're on a nip, they always ask if you want a double.

There's a place called bijoux which does three trebles for £5.95 from Monday to Thursday, £18 and you're set for the rest of the night. 

I don't even like the place that much but it's a bargain. 
I'm sure that place was a regular on geordie shore years ago. Reason enough to never go in there.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's a place called bijoux which does three trebles for £5.95 from Monday to Thursday, £18 and you're set for the rest of the night. 

I don't even like the place that much but it's a bargain. 

I've walked past it...and will continue to do so. I like the Forth Hotel, the Newcastle Tap both central and the Hop and Cleaver and Record Cafe on Quayside. All good beer and food places.

But the best thing is, there are so many. Just wander about and make mistakes before stumbling on some good ones.

Archived