Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

PauloPerth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Celtic away please so there’s very little pain when we’re humped by Queens in the replay.
If it's Celtic you'll win the replay. We have a habit of blowing it when the 'reward' is Celtic.
Talbot away would be a great away day, particularly for fans of a team who may travel by the railway line but don't actually get to very often.  Having watched a bit of their performance against Ayr though I wouldn't particularly fancy our chances.
As is always the case in every cup tie since the dawning of time, I would like a tie that gives us the best chance of progression.  Anyone who would prefer a "payday" can put their opinion in the bin as far as I am concerned.
Obviously we need to get past Dundee first which is by no means a certainty.
Talbot deserved their win but I can't say I was overly impressed with them. I would have fancied us yesterday. Having watched them against Cumnock I said before a ball was kicked that Talbot wouldn't score if Ayr could defend crosses. No surprise their goal (and offside goal) was from a set piece. Obviously that's our defence's biggest weakness which would give me the fear a bit right enough.

I'd love Talbot away for the reason above. We'd take a good following. At home would be just as good though.

It'll probably determine how I feel going into Tuesday. If we get a good draw it'll make the game more tense. If it's St Johnstone or Ross County away then I won't be as devastated if we go out.

Assuming Rangers beat Cowdenbeath, Raith and Talbot are the only teams left in the hat we won't have played in a competitive game since the start of last season (our own fault for getting relegated tbh) so the novelty factor is pretty low.

Talbot would obviously be the plum draw  (for us, not them) with the aforementioned Doolan vs his old club in testimonial year angle being a good story.

However, as always, emotionally primed for Dundee Utd or St Johnstone away, think we've had 5 of those ties in the last 5 years across all the cups.

Archived