Well vs Hibs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was not confident going into that at all, but pleasantly surprised. Amazing what ditching the non-performers who've been stood by for too long, and replacing them with some youth and players who'll do their bit both on and off the ball can do. 

Grimshaw deserves a run in the team, another good performance from him tonight, with no real failures in the side. 

Don't get me wrong, we had some nice passages of play and there was plenty of desire, but there was still a fair amount of hoofball. 

A major improvement and all could argue they merit a starting berth again at Dundee on Saturday which, if we win, will have us all but safe imo. 

Hibs were very meh. 

Hibs are rubbish.

The difference in the games last year was Campbell and McGinn battling in midfield, which even if Campbell was losing, was fun to watch. 

He tossed Mallan about like an empty trackie tonight. Delightful.

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

Mental that Lennon isn’t the ugliest guy in the Hibs dugout. That Gary Parker looks like he sleeps under a bridge.

nintchdbpict000291370365.jpg?strip=all&w

My wife asked if he was an extra from Lord of the Rings.

The young trio of Campbell, Turnbull and Hastie were indeed all excellent tonight, the latter two combining for the goal was a thing of beauty.

Big shout out to Ally Gorrin though, while the young team will grab most of the headlines I thought he was excellent in the middle of the park tonight. Aggressive in the tackle, composed on the ball and looks far more suited to that deep role that Turnbull was asked to play on Saturday. Allowing Turnbull himself much more freedom to go forward and do some damage in the final third, which he duly did. 

In stark contrast to Saturday’s shambles you’d struggle to fault many of them tonight though, a far better all round display and a well earned three points.

That kind of win - after Saturday's unmitigated clusterfuck - with a decent shape, playing at a decent tempo and being relatively entertaining, drives me fucking mental TBH. 

Lots of things to say about it - but Hastie is a definite upgrade on Frear and should be playing for the rest of the season - Turnball just looks like a class player and it's little surprise that he's patching us in the summer. I guess one of the most damning things is that we were considerably better without the current and previous captains - make of that what you will.

Oh - Hibs were bizarrely pish and the fact that we got a very rare clean sheet against them tells you all you need to know.

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, HibsFan said:
Been told there were scraps outside afterwards, anyone got any more?

Any idea what was going on with the young Hibs fans charging down to the bottom corner with about 10 minutes to go? Were they trying to get into the East Stand? Looked utterly pointless.

The story I seen was there was a hibs fan in the Motherwell end. Not sure if any truth in it. 

21 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Turnbull's pass for that chance Main put straight at Marciano was fucking outrageous. I've watched it about six times tonight.

Unbelievable. Let's also be clear....that's essentially a child doing that. Robbo described him perfectly post-match when he said he's a continental player.

That's going in the box of passes called "Iain Vigurs against Hearts".

Edited to add, I've also watched Hastie's assist from when he picks the ball up until the pass about 20 times. I mean seriously, who even tries that  at 19 on your first start for the first team.

That's also how you get the best out of Connor Sammon too, to be fair to the guy that's a very clever spin as he has to read and anticipate a pass that's straight out of the Ladybird Big Book of Unreadable Swag. As much as there are fans frustrated with the signing of Sammon, it probably pales into insignificance against how frustrated he must be, having the ball shelled at his face anytime he gets on the park.

Archived