Killie v Cowdenbeaths conquerors

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it’s the right idea I would assume so many of the referees have been brought up with an allegiance to teams that would be almost impossible to manage.

You would also get the issue of, for example, Alan Muir declaring himself as a Motherwell fan with everybody jumping up and down saying “Larkhall!!! SS!!!!!!” because that is the mindset of a lot of people.

Plus you would get Celtic not wanting Sevco or Hearts fans etc etc.

Linesman who made the call is from Kilwinning.

As much as I hate both decisions tonight I am still not in the “cheating/corrupt referees” box and instead I still choose to try and believe it’s incompetence.

What would it take for you to become convinced that they were cheating/corrupt? I don’t mean to be a dick in asking, I was genuinely wondering, given that we have had some atrocious officiating recently.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

A quick google says £1,150 per game or 70k a year.

Exactly anyone who says "make them full time" is a moron they have a second job out of choice.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

A quick google says £1,150 per game or 70k a year.

Exactly. They’re on an annual retainer of about 40k a year plus 1200 ish a match. Where the 10k a game comes from f**k knows. 

What would it take for you to become convinced that they were cheating/corrupt? I don’t mean to be a dick in asking, I was genuinely wondering, given that we have had some atrocious officiating recently.

I’d probably need to see proof of it to be honest, like a conversation about it between refs or something like that.

I understand the question though.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Whit?

Refs in the EPL earn £70k a year, and get it paid per match, with a £1.5k match fee.

The average ref takes charge of 18 matches a season.

They earn around £6k a match. Slightly out but the point stands.

Scottish refs are lucky to get £1k a match.

I'd rather the SFA spend that money on youth development than on refs.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Refs in the EPL earn £70k a year, and get it paid per match, with a £1.5k match fee.

The average ref takes charge of 18 matches a season.

They earn around £6k a match. Slightly out but the point stands.

Scottish refs are lucky to get £1k a match.

I'd rather the SFA spend that money on youth development than on refs.

Scottish Refs aren't that far behind and get a nice wage for cup finals and European games, they have a second job out of choice

keeps they second rate fans happy.....they hate Killie more than they love their own club

to think they compete with us makes them relevant

sad

Sad you couldn't make the game. Full replay is on Free Sports at 10.10pm so you won't miss the 5 (FIVE) goals. [emoji106]

Archived